Teensy 4.1 Midi over USB newbie question

pmestrez

Hello,

I have a project of Midi clock distribution for USB Midi devices.

The idea is :

- Connecting the Teensy 4.1 to a USB hub.
- One USB Midi device act as Midi Input and send Midi clock to Teensy.
- Several USB Midi devices act as Midi Output and received Midi clock from Teensy.
- Teensy midi handler of input Midi clock message would re-send Midi clock to its outputs.

In the future, I would add some delay capabilities on each Midi clock output.

Does any one can guide me to a simple C / C++ example project in order to put me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Pierre

Attachments

• Teensy41_clock_distri.pdf
    8.8 KB · Views: 36
In the IDE, File>Examples>Teensy>USB_Midi is a good place to start looking.

The diagram does not show which device is intended to be the Host for the hub.

In the IDE, File>Examples>Teensy>USB_Midi is a good place to start looking.

The diagram does not show which device is intended to be the Host for the hub.

The USB hub is use becasue the Teensy has only one USB port, so I assume the Teensy is the Host... I don't know the wording. Regards.

The USB connector on T_4.1 is the Device connector to HOST for programming, etc.

If using the inboard USB_Host pins the the Teensy 4.1 (like the T_3.6) is the Host.

Using a HUB allows multiple devices to connect to the Host pins.

Also using a Powered Hub assures the devices won't draw too much power from the Teensy 5V supply, which may be the current limited Host supplying the Device connector when used.

The USB connector on T_4.1 is the Device connector to HOST for programming, etc.

If using the inboard USB_Host pins the the Teensy 4.1 (like the T_3.6) is the Host.

Using a HUB allows multiple devices to connect to the Host pins.

Also using a Powered Hub assures the devices won't draw too much power from the Teensy 5V supply, which may be the current limited Host supplying the Device connector when used.

Thanks to both of you, very usefull informations.

Back