SPI FRAM Memory for Teensy 4.1

EcodroneSRL

Hello there,
I'm Andrea from Ecodrone, an italian startup involved in autonomous marine drones development. We're currently using Teensy 4.1 for our project and we need to install additional chips to expand RAM. For our purposes, would be nice to install FRAM chips that have non-volatile memory, but due to the unusual technology of this chips and the lack of components on the market, we are currently finding available only SPI chips like the one on the link:

https://www.mouser.it/datasheet/2/100/CYPR_S_A0010746160_1-2541237.pdf

We're trying to figure out if is possibile to install chips that are SPI and not QSPI as suggested on the guides of the PJRC website. Hoping that someone could help us, thank you in advance for your time.

Ecodrone SRL

We're trying to figure out if is possibile to install chips that are SPI and not QSPI as suggested on the guides of the PJRC website. Hoping that someone could help us, thank you in advance for your time.

Ecodrone SRL

@EcodroneSRL:

The thread at this <link> might have some useful info.

Good luck & have fun !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Hello there,
I'm Andrea from Ecodrone, an italian startup involved in autonomous marine drones development. We're currently using Teensy 4.1 for our project and we need to install additional chips to expand RAM. For our purposes, would be nice to install FRAM chips that have non-volatile memory, but due to the unusual technology of this chips and the lack of components on the market, we are currently finding available only SPI chips like the one on the link:

https://www.mouser.it/datasheet/2/100/CYPR_S_A0010746160_1-2541237.pdf

Ecodrone SRL

@EcodroneSRL

The link kd5rxt-mark pointed to I believe gives you the answer to your question on whether you can use a SPI device on one of the QSPI slots. You would have your work cut out for you. However with that said if you use SPI Fram on one of the SPI buses you can use LittleFS to access it without an issue. Believe it was pointed out in the linked thread as well.

The FM25V20 is not supported currently in the library but the FM25V10 is, so it would be simple to add that to the list. Currently I don't have one to test with but probably not hard as the commands are probably the same except for the CHip Id. For reference here are the FRAMs currently supported:
Code:
Cypress 8Mb FRAM, CY15B108QN
Cypress 1Mb FRAM, FM25V10-G
Cypress 1Mb FRAM, rev1
ROHM MR45V100A 1 Mbit FeRAM Memory
Cypress 4Mb FRAM, CY15B104Q
Cypress 2Mb FRAM, CY15B102Q
Cypress 2Mb FRAM, CY15B102Q
Fujitsu 2Mb FRAM, MB85RS2MTAPNF

Back