Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: T-COMPUTER, teensy 4.1 based micro computer

T-COMPUTER, teensy 4.1 based micro computer

The T-COMPUTER is an attempt to create a complete micro computer around the Teensy MCU.

It is based on the Teensy 4.1 (my favorite MCU so far!)
    See the details of the project below.

github.com/Jean-MarcHarvengt/T-COMPUTER

It is fully open source and it is a DIY project so you are free to build it yourself for non commercial use of course
    Last edited by defragster; 06-23-2022 at 03:16 PM. Reason: edit URL to work

Very cool. Edited p#1 link to work.

What few pins are unused? Though PCB trace space looks tight to pull many out anywhere.

No free pin unfortunately , the pins exposed are in fact the 5 joystick inputs +2 user buttons on header pins + ground. If you don't connect the display, you can use like 5 extra including SPI and 3.3v. Yeah, forgive me for the track thickness, it is my first pcb... Gnd and 3.3v are a bit ticker.

No complaint on the track width - one more PCB than I have done Was just noting so many traces that it didn't seem like many were unused, and not all were visible in images.

Good note on what is available from Joystick, and the SPI pins, if not used.

Thanks for all the video work and sharing the design. I'd really like to build one. Does your board supplier (Aisler?) have your design files such that I could order a board from them myself? If not, I'll have some work to do to pick a board manufacturer and figure out which file(s) (gerber?) to send them.

On a related note, I didn't quite follow how you made the keyboard overlay. Did you 3D-print it?