Website says Teensy 4.0 4.1 4.x does not support AnalogWriteFrequency

RobbGodshaw

Hi All!
I found several folks in the forum using AnalogWriteFrequency on Teensy 4.x, but the website says it is only for the Teenst LC and 3.x Boards.

"Teensy LC & 3.x support the analogWriteFrequency(pin, frequency) function to easily configure the PWM."

Am I misunderstanding things? It seems perhaps the page was not updates fully for the Teensy 4.x.

Thank you for your work!

Thanks for the report...

I went ahead and created a new issue https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Website_Updates/issues/31
In Paul's web site needs updates github project. So hopefully he will get a chance to resolve some of these things, once things get back to normal.

Edit: Note: I think you are referring to the statement:
Teensy LC & 3.x support the analogWriteFrequency(pin, frequency) function to easily configure the PWM.

Just above this is a table showing which pins on T4.x support PWM and default frequency... It also mentions the limitation, that a timer may support more than one pin (like up to 3) and if you are using on PWM on multiple of these pins, changing the frequency effects all of those pins in the group.

Thanks KurtE! Thats exactly what I was referring to. I didn't realize the site was managed on GitHub, thanks for copying it over for me!

There is also a thread, called something like the website could use some updates. That had tons of pages on it.

So Paul creates a Github project, I mentioned that he asked for some of us to go through it and create issues for him, so trees don't get lost in the forest.

Back