Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: XInputUSB is undefined

XInputUSB is undefined

Today I revisited an old project of mine running on a Teensy LC. Some changes in updated libraries made for a bit of a puzzle but I got it all sorted out. The one thing I can't seem to fix is enabling the USB_XINPUT mode of the Teensy. I have teensyduino installed but I work in VSCode however I do have a USB_XINPUT define in the c_cpp_properties.json. An important note is that this has worked fine previously. The one thing I can see that has been updated is the teensyduino package. Even in USB mode/type I cannot see XINPUT as I am certain I have before. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry, I don't find that symbol in anything when I do a search in my case <arduino.1.8.19/hardware/teensy/avr>
    So I have no idea what it might be.

It might help someone to help you if you included some additional information, like what version of Arduino/Teensyduino you are running now versus earlier.
    (or in the same way VSCode...)

What libraries? Example code?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    What libraries? Example code?
    It looks like sebrk is referring to this and this library.

Paul

Thanks, my guess then is:

If you updated your Teensyduino version, it overwrote your changes to the core files.

Look at the Readme file of: https://github.com/dmadison/ArduinoXInput_Teensy
    file and it talks about installing the files and you need to replace or augment some of the core files

Actually I'm using the much older MSF-XINPUT which seems to be the basis for the ones you link. I should probably start with changing the library altogether . I don't remember editing core files last time but I probably misremember as I also cannot find any hints in the USB descriptors. Thanks for waking my sleepy brain up guys!