Question about Encoder library

I can't get digitalWrite() to work while using Encoder library. I have an encoder w/ button and an 2x16 character LCD on an Arduino Uno. The encoder and button works fine as well as the LCD. But if I try to directly write to a pin that is not used by any library nothing happens. The encoder is on pins 2 and 3, the button is on pin 12. LCD uses 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7. I have the back light of the LCD on pin 10. With everything connected, I can write just code to blink the back light and it works perfect. If I try to do the same test code with the rest the back light has no response even if I put the test code at the very beginning of setup(). Is there an issue with digitalWrite() while using Encoder or EncoerButton Libraries?

First to answer your question:

Is there an issue with digitalWrite() while using Encoder or EncoerButton Libraries?

No conflicts are known between digitalWrite() and Encoder. I can't answer regarding "EncoerButton" library, as I don't even know exactly which library that is. (but I do know Encoder... I'm the author of the Encoder library)

Since you're using Ardiuno Uno, you might try asking for help on the Arduino forum.

https://forum.arduino.cc/

When you ask again on that forum, consider sharing photos of your wiring, a complete copy of the non-working program, and screenshots or highly specific info about exactly which libraries you installed.

When your question is only whether an issue is known, if anyone takes the time to reply, usually the answer will be a simply "no". To get useful help, usually 3 things are needed: 1) good 1st impression, 2) context to understand your needs, 3) technical details to reproduce or at least see the problem. The best way to make a good first impression is to show you've actually tried something, and a photo is worth 1000 words and also documents how you've actually connected the wires (if you are smart about camera angle). Questions which only imprecisely describe a problem without showing work that was done and only ask a narrow question rarely get any replies.

Back