ADC for the audio library for Teensy 4.0?

DC Denison

Hi, I'm working on an LED project with a Teensy 3.2 because right now the ADC for the Audio library doesn't work on the Teensy 4.0.

Given the shortage of Teensy 3.2s, I'm wondering if sometime soon I'll be able to migrate to the 4.0.

Any chance of that?

Thanks!

DC

Sorry, I am not much of the Audio user, but I believe it is already supported.

At least it looks like the code is there.

The problem is I think that a lot of the documentation has not yet been updated.

Paul has a github project with things we know need to be updated on the website
and for example there is the one: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Website_Updates/issues/25
(Audio Tutorial needs Teensy 4 specific info)

Thanks. It seems like the ADC input for Audio specifically still isn't working quite yet.
Sorry it may be obvious to others who use Audio library more often then I do.

But might help to know what specifically is not working and/or implemented.

That is I see, that in February Paul did a delta to improve AudioInputAnalog on Teensy4 and an earlier delta that said added initial support for T4. Maybe others as well.

So if there is something you tried that is not working, it would sure help if you posted a simple sketch and explanation of what is not working. Also maybe explain your hardware setup.
For example if you are trying on T4 are you using a RevD Audio board that is specifically setup for T4.x? Are you trying to use the default Analog pins? ...

Also would help to know what version of Teensyduino you are running. If it is an older one, you might try something like 1.57 Beta 3 and see if that helps.

It seems like the ADC input for Audio specifically still isn't working quite yet.

Audio input on the ADC is working in 1.57 beta. Only a single signal is supported, not stereo.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/70455-Teensyduino-1-57-Beta-3

Sound quality from on the ADC pin is never as good as a dedicated chip like the audio shield. A strong (low impedance) signal makes a huge difference to overcoming interference from the 600 MHz CPU and other digital circuitry.

Back