Project show off

fsk

There isn't a dedicated show off category so ill just post here.

I have been using teensys fo a while now, heres my graveyard to prove it:)
TeensyGraveyard.jpg

Anyway, I wanted to show the last two projects I did with them.

https://www.bostjancadez.art/sl/kvintesenca

and

https://www.bostjancadez.art/sl/mrProcessor

The first is a dress covered in 3600 LEDs, running on Teensy 4.0 plus two stm32s in the hands to send the IMU data over serial (couldn't get i2c to play nicely with the LED library).
The dress runs on batteries and is as far as animations are concerned completely autonomous. The animations have parameters that are controlled by the data from two IMUs and two laser range sensor in the hands. The sensor data is also sent wirelessly to another Teensy with a nRF24L01P, which then sends them over USB as MIDI to the computer controlling the visuals in the background and a synth for audio.
The animations run at about 72 fps. We made some mistakes in dividing the strips to 8 equal parts otherwise it would could run a bit faster.

The second is a "drunk" robot which uses a Teensy 3.6 for the balancing (the wheels are controlled by an oDrive 3.6), LEDs, and 5 range sensors. Plus two Teensy 3.2s (one for the diy 'lidar' and the back wheel control and another for the CNC peenis:) ). It also uses a Jetson Xavier NX for obstacle avoidance, people and wall detection and audio synthesis (the robot sometimes pees on people and writes his his name on walls). Oh, theres also another Teensy 3.2 in the remote:).

If anyone is curious about anything, ask:).

WOW, great project, I'd love to see the show live.

Post this in the blog submission for consideration to be featured on the PJRC homepage & blog.

WOW, great project, I'd love to see the show live.

Post this in the blog submission for consideration to be featured on the PJRC homepage & blog.

Thank you! I'll see if I can get the video of the whole performance and ill post it here. Closest you can come to seeing it i guess:). The whole suit making thing took us longer than expected and we ran out of time to really focus on the performance part. There is much room for improvement on that part.

Im not sure this is a good fit for the blog since it doesn't really go into any technical details which is what people here are probably interested in.

Thank you! I have to say the robot was a way more complex project. It took me quite a while to figure out the balancing and do the AI stuff for vision. Learned a lot:).

Back