a new Windows/Teensy/USB issue !

Hello all... (please !!)

here is the problem that I meet all of a sudden on my two W10 PC simultaneously !

"Could not run teensy_reboot.exe (CreateProcess error)"

it therefore only concerns my teensy cards (3.2 and 3.5) but not always in the same way (very strange... see below)

here is what I tried:
- to look through all the other forum posts, and especially "https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/40632-Teensyduino-USB-issue"
- downgrade my Arduino IDE : no result
- upgrade teensyduino to 1.57 beta (failure to install + big mess with "precompile_helper.exe" => uninstall Arduino => return to Arduino 1.8.19 & return to Teensyduino 1.56 )
- search for teensy_reboot.exe in my directory ... WITHOUT SUCCESS (???) => then try installing an older version found in thread above, post #11 - but required permissions and this exceeded the limits of my understanding of Windows...

here's what's really weird ;
- with a very simple test code (blink : storage space 12536 bytes / Global variables 4156 bytes) : the hardware button on the Teensy board is working, then serial.print is OK, but to upload a program using the 'upload' button of the IDE is quite impossible
- with "real" code (ex : Teensy 3.5 33748 bytes (6%) / Global variables 5476 bytes / some #include) : the USB port keeps resetting indefinitely. It's even impossible then to download the blink test again... unless you restart the pc + reinstall Teensyduino !

regarding this serial behavior, I followed a Paul's advice about "some active software controlling the COM, preventing the IDE from "owning" or attaching to that port". So a check with PROCESS EXPLORER but everything is in order on this side...

So... this hole is too deep for me... I really need someone to hand me a ladder!
(I'm also very surprised that I haven't seen this problem on any forum! am I a patient zero? )

Thank you in advance !

Back