Microdexed on Teensy 4.1 - no usb audio

CervAnteZ

Hi all,

i've been trying to build a Teensy 4.1 based microdexed but i can't get usb audio working. I set the microdexed as my windows audio input device, i also set "listen to this device". The volume on the microdexed itsel is set to 127.

i edited the config.h file like this:

//*************************************************************************************************
//* AUDIO HARDWARE SETTINGS
//*************************************************************************************************
// If nothing is defined Teensy internal DAC is used as audio output device!
// Left and right channel audio signal is presented on pins A21 and A22.
#define AUDIO_DEVICE_USB
//#define TEENSY_AUDIO_BOARD
//#define PT8211_AUDIO
//#define TGA_AUDIO_BOARD
//#define TEENSY_DAC
//#define TEENSY_DAC_SYMMETRIC
//#define I2S_AUDIO_ONLY

There is nothing coming out of the usb audio device, although i see on the microdexed display that note are playing when i use my midi controller as an input.

I enabled debug output and on the serial monitor this shows up when i connect:

MicroDexed based on https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed
(c)2018-2021 H. Wirtz <wirtz@parasitstudio.de>
https://codeberg.org/dcoredump/MicroDexed
Version: 1.0.15-4.0FX-32
CPU-Speed: 600.0 MHz / 2 Instances with 32 notes for each instance
<setup start>
MIDI_DEVICE_DIN enabled
MIDI_DEVICE_USB_HOST enabled.
MIDI_DEVICE_USB enabled.
Internal DAC enabled.
Creating MicroDexed instance 0
Creating MicroDexed instance 1
CPU:0.00%|CPUMAX:0.00%|CPUMAXCNT:0|MEM:0|MEMMAX:0|RENDERTIMEMAX:0|XRUN:0|PEAKR:0|PEAKL:0|PEAKMD:0|ACTPEAKMD:0.0|BLOCKSIZE:128|RAM:4292883223|ACTVOICES:0=32,1=32

If you can, please help, i've been sitting on this for several days now and i cant seem to find any information or a similar case than mine anywhere.

I received an answer from holger, for whatever reason it doesn't show up here (yet?):
I must say that I havn't tried the main code for several months, sorry. I will do this asap and come back, but please give mecsome days.

Regards, Holger

Thanks for that, if you find the time, please also check the functionality of the left encoder, there is something weird about that one, clicking works but no left/right or up/down movement is registered, i checked the wiring and swapped the encoders with no change. i know the wiring works because i checked the encoder seperately with another sketch on the same pins

i managed to get it work, usb audio started working after i added the i2s board for reasons unknown, the left encoder worked after i changed the preset pins 2 and 3 to 13 and 14.

i managed to get it work, usb audio started working after i added the i2s board for reasons unknown, the left encoder worked after i changed the preset pins 2 and 3 to 13 and 14.

The help for the USB output object says this:

"USB input & output does not cause the Teensy Audio Library to update. At least one non-USB input or output object must be present for the entire library to update properly."

I haven't looked at the code, but quite possibly that's what you're coming up against.

Hi, i did indeed but the encoders did not work for me and i found no reference which pins were set to what in the config so i ventured to build it myself, worked out in the end. Do you have builds for MicroMDAEPiano as well? i'm struggling with that one at the moment, theres a thread for that from me too.

Back