Crash on Teensy usb-midi and ASIO

Teensyfreak

Hello

I have been using teensy 4.0 as a usb-midi device which acts as a scanner for my piano keyboard. Some time ago I bought Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Fx V2 to increase audio quality and get lower latency. Unfortunately it seems that it is not possible to use sound cards ASIO drivers when teensy is plugged in. All audio softwares just crash when ASIO driver is selected and if teensy is plugged in and configured as a midi device.

I'm trying to figure out if there is anything that can be done to get these work together. I already asked from Creative support if they could have clue why this is hapening? Unfortunately it didn't help much.:(

Looked at this briefly on Win10 Desktop PC with SoundBlaster XzR DBpro and my current T3.6 based Midi controller project which is visible to the OS as a two port usbMIDI device. Can open up and play Wavs with MediaPlayer and view Midi traffic with MidiOx and have no crashes with the audio.

From there I quit MediaPlayer and Midiox then start Reaper which found the Teensy project but with almost zero experience with Reaper (yet - what remains of my grey matter is pre-occupied with project code) did not get far so quit Reaper and got back to coding to discover that Windows could no longer see the Teensy usbMidi and need a reboot to find it again

Not looking for a solution as the use case does not involve Windows directly.

Said desktop is a recent acquisition and as yet am not familiar with the inner workings of the MainBoard in particular what hardware serves as usbHost for usb 2/3.

Mentioning because:- In parallel universe a couple of years ago on the Win7 desktop I use to host all my synth gear, issues surfaced with usbMidi devices going missing which turned out to be caused by known driver issues with the Via usbHost. Disabled it and plugged in somebody else's host hardware fixed the problem. Websurfing at the time indicated similar could happen with Win10. That system has a PreSonus audio interface and had some big disasters requiring re-format when I started using the IDE on it.

The issue here may not be SoundBlaster or Teensy.

Back