New install of Teensyduino, won't program any Teensys

clinker8

Feel kind of silly posting this. I had to reinstall Arduino and Teensyduino, due to a problem with TyCommander physically turning off my computer. Apparently something is still screwed up.

My issue (post installation) is, I can't program my two Teensy4.1's anymore.
Linux system. 00-teensy.rules in the right place. No errors during installation.

I no longer get ttyACM0 or anything like this, like I used to.

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Linux), TD: 1.57, Board: "Teensy 4.1, Serial, 600 MHz, Faster, US English"

Memory Usage on Teensy 4.1:
FLASH: code:28680, data:7064, headers:8284 free for files:8082436
RAM1: variables:7744, code:26008, padding:6760 free for local variables:483776
RAM2: variables:12384 free for malloc/new:511904
/home/bruce/Apps/arduino-1.8.19/hardware/teensy/../tools/teensy_post_compile -file=QuadEncoder_Interrupt_pins__bdl.ino -path=/tmp/arduino_build_807852 -tools=/home/bruce/Apps/arduino-1.8.19/hardware/teensy/../tools -board=TEENSY41 -reboot -port=/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.4 -portlabel=(null) -portprotocol=(null)
No Teensy boards were found on any USB ports of your computer.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Board won't connect. If I press the button on the Teensy4.1, the light blinks in a strange fashion, like it is trying to program, but it is stuck in a loop. The led is on for maybe 2-3 seconds and modulates, then is off for a second and repeats. The device never programs. I have tried this on two Teensys. Both behave the same way. Program doesn't matter. Blink won't program, nor will anything else.

Need help getting things to work again.

Think a cable went bad. What a wild ride that was. Couldn't even get a 32u4 to program. Common element = the cable. Changed the cable and bingo, could program blink to a 32u4, then a Teensy. Two weeks ago, the cable was fine. Now it isn't. Ok. Problem fixed. Sorry for the noise...

Last edited:
Back