TFT_eSPI Orange LED

Leetut

When I use the TFT_eSPI library, The orange led on teensy 4.0 board is permanent on, but not if I use the teensy ST7789 library, how can I turn it off?

The Teensy LED PIN 13 is on the SPI SCK - clock pin.

So, during transmission over SPI using pin 13 the LED will blink - very fast appearing ON.

Depending on the driver and the use the SPI transmission may be intermittent or rarely stopping depending on the update rate.

Some drivers offer continuous updates with DMA from a memory image.

Both libraries are running at the same spi speed, yet 1 has the orange led permanently on, the other library it never comes on

Both libraries are running at the same spi speed, yet 1 has the orange led permanently on, the other library it never comes on

If Pin 13 is used as SCK - AFAIK it will light during transfers and cannot be turned off if active. Either using an alternate pin or transfers are too fast/few between to see in bright light - if it is working.

No notes or images of wiring or code - so just noting normal expectations.

Have to assume this is the github.com/Bodmer/TFT_eSPI - no idea what that code does with ST7789 controller, versus the one made for Teensy.

Does the device or the TFT_eSPI have Touch interface enabled? If the library is reading for TOUCH the reads may be continuous - they were when monitoring for the Teensy ILI9341 touch - until the interrupt pin testing was added.

Back