Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy MicroMod Midi Circuit

Teensy MicroMod Midi Circuit

Just a quick (and probably dumb) question: Is the circuit from this webpage suitable for Teensy MicroMod?

Also, would anything need to be added for static protection?

Thanks!

Most commercial (Din) Midi gear that I've explored have pretty much the same circuit as in the above post. Some have some series L and some bypass C.
    If you are thinking of 1/8 inch TRS plugs/sockets then some extra protection is generally added in case of a patchbay mishap with Eurorack or other gear.
    Otherwise the linked schematic for a 3.3v board should be fine with MicroMod,

Thanks a ton for the quick reply and confirmation. That makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixRat View Post
    If you are thinking of 1/8 inch TRS plugs/sockets then some extra protection is generally added in case of a patchbay mishap with Eurorack or other gear.
    I actually am planning on using 1/8" TRS plugs/sockets. Any idea what should be added where to the circuit to protect it better?

Websearch found these:-
    https://grindskills.com/%C2%B112v-pr...or-midi-input/
    https://grindskills.com/%c2%b112v-pr...r-midi-output/
    Note that Korg and Arturia were using TRS with different polarity before the MMA decided on a standard.
    For the sake of the exercise, I played around with the circuits on a breadboard and for the Input used a shottky bridge instead of the single diode so works with either polarity. Don't have any Eurorack gear so was unable to test for grey smoke.