MIMXRT1170-EVK Missing Components

SharkyShark

So I received a MIMXRT1176-EVK yesterday and it was missing the NAND Flash chip and the U34 ECompass Chip, so they sent me a replacement. It was ALSO missing the same chips. Not sure if this is intentional or a bad batch in manufacturing.

I know a few other people on here have the kits, has anyone else had this problem?

I received a MIMXRT1170-EVK from Mouser in May of 2021. Eval board had NAND chip and 6-axis e-compass (3-axis mag, 3-axis accel) sensor, FXOS8700CQ sensor. Powering on board, it is running bubble program (NXP SDK) that uses the accelerometer to measure tilt and flash the LED.

Some 1170 benchmark results vs Teensy 3 and 4.

Last edited:
interesting. I guess it must be just a bad batch...

IMIXRT1170-EVK(1).jpg

those parts may not have been available due to "supply chain problems"

where did you buy the EVK board? i don't think Mouser or digikey have any in stock.

Board was bought directly from NXP. They shipped me the first one then issued me an RMA with the same problem. Soon as you plug it in, starts flashing red and throwing errors. Not sure if other components are missing or not.

Regardless they should not be shipping these things with stuff missing off it.

i don't think the NAND flash is used. here is what bubble.c (boards/evkmimxrt1170/demo_apps/bubble_peripheral/cm7/bubble.c) does when no sensor is found
Code:
    if (result != kStatus_Success)
    {
        QTMR_StopTimer(TIMER_PERIPHERAL, TIMER_CHANNEL_0_CHANNEL);
        PRINTF("\r\nSensor device initialize failed!\r\n");
        PRINTF("\r\nPlease check the sensor chip U32\r\n");
        while (1)
        {
            for (j = 0; j < 30000000; j++)
            {
                __NOP();
            }
            GPIO_PortToggle(BOARD_USER_LED_GPIO, 1u << BOARD_USER_LED_GPIO_PIN);
        }
    }
so it should print device not found then flash the LED forever. You still should be able (maybe) to build, load, and run SDK examples ....

You probably should pursue this on one of the NXP forums.

Last edited:
Back