Automated audio recording with time and date stamp

TheOtherAdamski

i want to record any sounds that exceed a given volume threshold and store them on an SD card with a time and date stamp.

I have a neighbour who sporadically shouts, swears and makes threats against his other neighbours at random times of the day and night, but we need to prove this before the police can take any action against him. Because this only happens every so often, it would be very helpful if I could put some kind of device next to our boundary that could "wake up" should a preset threshold be exceeded and record within milliseconds, store on an sd card with a time and date stamp and then go back to sleep a couple of seconds after the noise has stopped. After a month, we would have all the evidence we need.

A quick look through the forum has thrown up this https://github.com/WMXZ-EU/microSoundRecorder , which looks like just what we need.

Has anyone used this? Does this seem suitable? Any advice, help or opinions would be greatly appreciated as we are in a rather desperate situation.

Last edited:
Back