Generating and displaying a line graph - Teensy 3.2

Veck

Context:
I’m creating an audio network analyser based around a Teensy 3.2. It generates a range of frequencies (20Hz - 20kHz) which are fed into a Device Under Test (DUT), then measures the output to see how the DUT is attenuating or boosting particular frequencies. It does this several times, actuating a knob on the DUT between each set of measurements. This functionality is working well, but just dumping data via Serial.print().

Goal:
For ease of use, I want a signal response graph (example below) to be generated once all measurements have been made. It needs to have a logarithmic x-axis, and be able to display several curves. I’ve done some googling but don’t really know what I’m looking for. It’s fine if the Teensy stays connected to a laptop, or displaying on a standalone screen would be great too, if it doesn’t add too much software complexity.
Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.54.16 am.jpg

Questions:
What options would people recommend for generating and displaying a line graph with Teensy 3.2? I’ve heard Processing recommended for use with Arduino, would this be a good method? Or, would it be hard to generate everything on the Teensy and display it on small LCD / OLED? How would this be achieved? Any suggestions would be really appreciated, I'm a bit lost.

It does not plot real-time, i plots when you send data, so you can plot static data from a file for example. However it's not log, so I guess the lib can't help.

It does not plot real-time, i plots when you send data, so you can plot static data from a file for example. However it's not log, so I guess the lib can't help.

Maybe I'll try scaling my data in a way that creates a logarithmic curve when plotted on cartesian axes. I'm still struggling to find any other options, so that might be my best bet.

It is possible, but you must have a TFT handy that allows you to present the graph in real time, but your array must also be capable of processing the amount of data you want to show, perhaps a teensy 4 would allow you to cover that aspect.

MCU: Teensy 4.1
TFT: Riverdi BT817 5" (EVE 4)

Attachments

• TFT_log10.png
    TFT_log10.png
    713.9 KB · Views: 33
Back