Teensy 4.0 + NRF24L01 PA/LNA power issue

Matuso2

Hi, I'm running into issue with NRF24L01 PA/LNA module. I successfully made connecion between arduino nano + NRF24L01 PA/LNA (transceiver) and teensy 4.0 + + NRF24L01 PA/LNA (receiver) everything works without a problem.

The whole project is powered from 14.8V lipo which is connected to 20A 12V stepdown regulator. This regulator power up 2 BTS7960 motor driver boards and anoher stepdown regulator 2A 5V which power up both teensy and nrf24L01 module.

The issue begins when I power up the motors which are controled by pwm signal from teensy. Then teensy starts receiving garbage information and lose connection all together. Important thing is that when the teensy is also powered from usb, it works just fine as before. Also i don´t thing there is not enough power problem.

Just to save time I already tried 10uF capacitor across vcc and gnd of nrf24L01 module, mosi and miso cables are wraped by gnd cable

If I understand you correctly, the 5V/2A regulator is fed from output of the 12V/20A regulator.
Perhaps it's better to feed the 5V regulator from the LiPo battery directly. I suspect that BTS7960 motor driver board creates a lot of noise on the regulated 12V which causes issues for the 5V regulator.

Paul

You was right, powering 5V/2A regulator directly from battery did a trick :D. Thank you I learned something new today.

Back