Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 3.6 availability

Teensy 3.6 availability

Hello, I would like to know when will the teensy 3.6 be restocked.
    I'm in a robotics team and we would need them to control stepper motors due to teensy 4.0 not being supported by TeensyStep yet.

Thanks

Hello pau03,
    Product is currently out of stock with the manufacturer due to the global chip shortage.

There are posts where some may be (have been) available from forum users.

See this post and maybe: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/70909...l=1#post312953

Quote Originally Posted by Maureene Coots View Post
    Hello pau03,
    Product is currently out of stock with the manufacturer due to the global chip shortage.
    Yeah I know but I would want to know when it will be restocked because if I have to wait, lets say, more than 6 months, I will start exploring other options than Teensy 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by pau03 View Post
    Yeah I know but I would want to know when it will be restocked because if I have to wait, lets say, more than 6 months, I will start exploring other options than Teensy 3.6
    Posts from Paul indicate that there are not chips in the pipeline for the immediate future for the Teensy 3.x processors. He is getting the chips for Teensy 4.0 and 4.1, so those might better targets to use. For the Teensy 4.1, you might want to switch to the non-ethernet version, since evidently the chips for the ethernet PHY support are hard to fine.

Can you use Teensy 3.5? I have a few left over which were saved for special software testing.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Can you use Teensy 3.5? I have a few left over which were saved for special software testing.
    Yes, Teensy 3.5 is also supported by TeensyStep so it will do the job.
    How do i contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Hello, I tried to send you a private message but seems like I'm not allowed to send it. From where can I contact you and provide the info?

Quote Originally Posted by pau03 View Post
    Hello, I tried to send you a private message but seems like I'm not allowed to send it. From where can I contact you and provide the info?
    See pjrc.com Contact info for email