Compile Error.. I really don't understand it!

Milnzj92

Hi All,

I'm new to this and trying to do a audio guestbook phone, I've played with Raspberry Pi's in the past but this is beyond me...

Im getting the following error.. what am I doing wrong ?

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Mac OS X), TD: 1.57, Board: "Teensy 4.0, Serial, 150 MHz, Faster, US English"

Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
/Users/joshmilner/Downloads/audio-guestbook/audio-guestbook.ino:30:24: fatal error: MTP_Teensy.h: No such file or directory
Used: /private/var/folders/5j/z83tcz8d0hvb42gtyqvj36800000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8CDDB99D-9F93-48CD-AF71-97FCE4CA186A/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SD
Not used: /private/var/folders/5j/z83tcz8d0hvb42gtyqvj36800000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8CDDB99D-9F93-48CD-AF71-97FCE4CA186A/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/SD
Multiple libraries were found for "TimeLib.h"
#include <MTP_Teensy.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Used: /Users/joshmilner/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Time
Not used: /private/var/folders/5j/z83tcz8d0hvb42gtyqvj36800000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8CDDB99D-9F93-48CD-AF71-97FCE4CA186A/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Time
Multiple libraries were found for "Audio.h"
Used: /private/var/folders/5j/z83tcz8d0hvb42gtyqvj36800000gn/T/AppTranslocation/8CDDB99D-9F93-48CD-AF71-97FCE4CA186A/d/Teensyduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Audio
Not used: /Users/joshmilner/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Audio
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Whats the best way to fix this ? I believe I've just got all my folders jumbled up and missing directory / file MTP_Teensy.h but where or what do I need to do to get that or what do i need to download under library manager ?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the code is using MTP.

If so you need to choose one of the USB types that has the word MTP...

Screenshot.png

Note: This picture is from IDE 2, but IDE1 will look very similar. Maybe items in different order.

But one of the ones I highlighted should work

Note: This picture is from IDE 2, but IDE1 will look very similar. Maybe items in different order.
What @KurtE means here is the Arduino IDE. Arduino recently introduced a new IDE, version 2.

Both IDE's are currently in existence and either the first IDE or the second IDE2 can be used to generate your project.

IDE = Integrated development environment.

Back