Not stacking 4.1 audio board

SteveCS

Hi all

Am I likely to suffer any issues by placing the Teensy 4.# audio board to the side of the 4.1?

I cannot fit it above or below, as my 1U rack unit doesn't have the space.

I plan to run the leads directly from under the 4.1 across to the audio board, keeping them as short as possible (<50mm).
I will only run across the basic pins that I require (not all of them)

Thanks

I am not an EE, but I would think that should work fine. Also I don't use the Audio that often.

But for example, my current MMod board I set up such that I could use it.

Screenshot.png

I put in a connector to the side of the MMOD, that allows me to plug in things like the Audio board and it worked fine.

Also, a ref note: PJRC BETA PCB's have been shipped for 4.x's that had two socket footprints where one held the 4.0 or 4.1 and the second accommodated the Audio board. And another with three socket header sets that allowed for use as KurtE notes. Those were small runs to few users - but one of them was PJRC in house testing as the Rev B Audio evolved to the Rev C for 3.x and Rev D version for the T_4.x.

OK. I will try it.
On my prototype they were stacked, but the 1U enclosure is just too tight to get them above each other.

It also makes getting to the SD card a lot easier anyway.

Teensy 4.1 + Audio motherboard for RA8875/6 Displays

We have been successfully using the Rev D audio card next to the Teensy 4.1 on a motherboard for our Teensy 4 SDR project. https://github.com/K7MDL2/KEITHSDR

This is the 4.3" board which plugs onto the back of a RA8875 or RA8876 display. I am just about done with a larger version sized to bolt to the 7" RA8876.

Teebsy4.3V2.1 board 3d.png

We have abandoned Teensy's unfortunately and gone over to ESP32's with WAV boards.

A lot of our prototypes were based on 3.2's and they are just not available and we can't wait any longer.

Also, we kept having issues of the audio boards randomly making a hell of an audio racket and needed a reset. We think it was some kind of memory issue, but our VERY clever coder could not track the issue down, so we changed over to WAV boards and they have been far more reliable.

Thanks, anyway

Back