Tiniest Teensy-based projects?

JarkkoL

Hi,

I'm curious, if you start a project by prototyping with Teensy 4.x, and then got a product you want to actually manufacture based on this prototype, how tiny & cheap can you make it (including a power source)? I'm just wondering about the ballpark figure. Like you'll need Cortex-M7 chip + some of the peripheral chips/resistors/capacitors? For the price I bet it depends on the volume and what not, but just looking for some ballpark figures. Is there some examples of products that have gone this route? And is this reasonable course for developing products in the first place.. by prototyping with a Teensy first, then design minimal custom board and then mass manufacture? Or is Teensy already about the smallest you can go?

Thanks, Jarkko

Very cool, thanks for the link Paul. Did anything come out of this miniaturization project?

The MicroMod Teensy you mentioned in the discussion looks cool too. Weird they don't actually mention the dimensions in the description since that's a big selling point, but looks tiny :) And the cash flow advantages of this design make a lot of sense.

Weird they don't actually mention the dimensions in the description.
They actually do, here.

MM_Teensy_PB-Dimensions.png

Paul

Back