Teensy 4.0 stopped allowing upload

RichardFerraro

I have purchased and used around 50 Teensy 4.0 and even more 4.1, 3.2, 3.6's over the years.

I have not encountered this problem. The T4.0 is running my program and outputs/inputs correctly to/from the serial console.

While running this software (that the other T4.0's before and since run just fine), it stopped allowing upload. The T4.0 is not mounted in any system and there are no connections to it besides the usb micro. The red led blinks two fast, then pause, two fast....

thanks,
Richard

C:\Teensy\TyCommanderC.exe upload --autostart --wait --multi C:\Users\Richa\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_615848/HelloWorld.ino.TEENSY40.hex
Waiting for user selection
upload@12276460-Teensy Uploading to board '12276460-Teensy' (Teensy 4.0)
upload@12276460-Teensy Triggering board reboot
upload@12276460-Teensy Reboot didn't work, press button manually

re p#3: That thread was about a DIY 1062 PCB - and yes that is why it blinks twice. This is on a PJRC Production T_4.0. It represents the same issue - but isn't on DIY hardware so resolution isn't the same :(

What version of TeensyDuino is in use? There were some Startup Reset code changes for 1062's and a new bootloader - though not sure that explains '2 blink' behavior.

Has a 15 second Button Restore been tried? Hold the button and about the 13-15 second mark after plugging in does the RED LED starting OFF give a Flash? If so, release it at point of that Flash to allow the bootloader chip to reprogram the T_4.0 with Factory Blink program.

Those may fail to provide resolution. Showing photos of the T_4.0 if possible and checking with close inspection for missing parts or errant solder residue?

Back