Data transfer to Python app

frohr

Hey all,
I have project based on Teensy 4.0, where I need send data wirelessly to my Python app. Now I read data via USB. This project will works on battery and need transfer as fast as possible (array of 30000 floats)
What do you recommend me? Bluetooth, wifi, something else?
Thanks for help.
Michal

What do you recommend me? Bluetooth, wifi, something else?
That choice depends on the wireless distance you need to cover, what datarate you need, the security you need, what powerconsumption is allowed, etc. There are too many wireless interfaces out there that might be suitable for your application, so I can't give you a reasonable answer right now.
Do you just need a point-2-point link or does your device needs to be part of a LAN? Perhaps it's interesting for you to look at HC-12 modules.

Paul

This project will works on battery and need transfer as fast as possible (array of 30000 floats)
Wireless will NOT fill the requirement of "as fast as possible".

Distance max 4m. I need transfer the array, size 500kB in approx 1s. Connection to tablet or notebook with windows or linux = I am limited by wifi or bluetooth. I do not want another additional device on notebook/tablet.
Data size and speed seems like super easy for nowdays, but I have no clue how to do it with Teensy.

That's 5MHz bit rate, not allowing for start/stop bits or any other delimiter bytes. Bear this in mind when selecting your wireless technology.

Back