4.1 pin descriptions

msaine

Most of the time I can figure things out but at the moment the pin definitions on the 4.1 have me a bit confused. In particular the "yellow" pins on the breakout card. Some are understandable like Mqsr, Mclk1 and such but others a a mystery. Is there a more detailed description some where?

Was not enough room on card for Paul to fit everything. But if you look at at other boards cards, yellow shows digital audio.
Edit, I see Paul beat me to it.

As I have mentioned before, I have my own excel spreadsheet with more detail.

Picture of one page
Screenshot.png

And?? :). Other than using the audio module plugged in is there a description? Not trying to be a pain, but knowledge is everything .

Look at chapters 37-40 in the IMXRT reference manual, and if you have not already downloaded it, you can from the PJRC webpage: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html#tech

For example, some of the pins are for the: Medium Quality Sound (MQS) and the signals are described in chapter 39
There are also some that are SPDIF chapter 40
And the others are SAI pins (chapter 38)

Another page from my excel:
Screenshot.jpg
Note they are marked in blue on this page

Look at chapters 37-40 in the IMXRT reference manual, and if you have not already downloaded it, you can from the PJRC webpage: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html#tech

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Sometimes what is obvious to some is magic to others. :) Even at 75 I am still learning daily!

For example, some of the pins are for the: Medium Quality Sound (MQS) and the signals are described in chapter 39
There are also some that are SPDIF chapter 40
And the others are SAI pins (chapter 38)

Another page from my excel:
View attachment 29799
Note they are marked in blue on this page

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Sometimes what is obvious to some is magic to others. :) Even at 75 I am still learning daily!

Hello everyone,
Do somebody know why pin numbering doesn't match beetween Teensy 4.1 schematics and Xpresso IDE with MIMXRT1062 .
For example PIN13, the famous LED which is also called B0_03 is routed to pin D8 according to Teensy schematic and B10 according to NXP IDE schematic41.jpg

I know that is not very important but with such many possible configurations:confused: the primary key is pin number.
Many thx
Fred

Hello everyone,
Do somebody know why pin numbering doesn't match beetween Teensy 4.1 schematics and Xpresso IDE with MIMXRT1062 .
For example PIN13, the famous LED which is also called B0_03 is routed to pin D8 according to Teensy schematic and B10 according to NXP IDE View attachment 29815

I know that is not very important but with such many possible configurations:confused: the primary key is pin number.
Many thx
Fred

As you mentioned GPIO_B0_03 is used as logical pin 13 on the Teensy 4, 4.1...

And on the 12 x 12mm IMX it is on the 12 x 12 BALL named: D8
Which you can find in the IMXRT data sheets. Which you can download from: https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html#tech

As for Xpresso IDE, they may choose to use a completely different naming/numbering convention on how to use the pin named: GPIO_B0_03
Never used it so, not sure.

Thank you for your reply.

It's was my fault, I made a confusion between RT1062DVJB which is the chip on the TEENSY board and RT1062DVNB the sdk loaded in my MCUXpresso config.
On TEENSY it's a 196 BGA and in my config a 225BGA. OOPS :rolleyes:

Thanks again and sorry it was a stupid question.

Other than using the audio module plugged in is there a description?

Yes. Documentation for all the possible audio interfaces is in the audio library design tool.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/

As you click on the features on the left side panel, or drag them onto the canvas and click on them, the right side documentation panel updates with the info about the thing you have clicked. All the inputs and outputs have a "Hardware" section in their documentation which tells you the pins and other essential info needed.

The design tool also knows how each input and output utilizes hardware resources, so if you drag 2 or more onto the canvas which conflict, either by needing the same pins in a non-shared way, or by other types of more subtle conflicts like how audio sample rate controlled, you'll see little yellow error icons appear.

Back