Arduino 2.0.3 FQBN Error

SimonWakley

I am trying to get a project to work with Arduino 2.0.2 which did work once or twice and I can get to work with Arduino 1.8.19

I select Teensy 4.1 and the Port and the USB type (Raw Hid project) and I get

Invalid FQBN: not an FQBN: teensy:avr:teensy41:usb=rawhid:usb=rawhid,speed=600,opt=o2std,keys=en-us

Compilation error: Invalid FQBN: not an FQBN: teensy:avr:teensy41:usb=rawhid:usb=rawhid,speed=600,opt=o2std,keys=en-us

The port does show up as a Raw HID with the VID and PID - maybe that's related to the issue? "hid#vid_16c0&pid_0486 RawHID (Teensy4.1)"

Simon

Hi Paul, I have been seeing the same error using 1.58.0-beta2. Having to repick the board as 4.1 most of the time fixes it. Sometimes it happens when i have more than one instance of the IDE running. Also when using a new never programed 4.1, when i initially plug in the usb to the board there is no serial port listed in device manager. Once I pick the HID port under ports in the IDE and program something like the blink program then the serial port shows up in device manager and i can pick it under ports.
Windows 10
teensyduino 1.58.0-beta2
Arduino 2.0.2 IDE

Complete Error msg:

Invalid FQBN: not an FQBN: teensy:avr:teensy41:usb=serial:usb=serial,speed=600,opt=o2std,keys=en-us

Compilation error: Invalid FQBN: not an FQBN: teensy:avr:teensy41:usb=serial:usb=serial,speed=600,opt=o2std,keys=en-us

I just noticed after a restart of 2.0.2, I saw this error while the bar above said Teensy 4.1. But when I looked under tools>boards>teensy Tensy 4.1 was not checked. After I selected teensy 4.1 no more errors. I this an Arduino bug?

Windows 10
teensyduino 1.58.0-beta2
Arduino 2.0.2 IDE[/QUOTE]

Ok, I know this sounds strange, but trust me...

Use Boards Manager to install 1.57.1. It should solve the FQBN error. Then use Boards Manager to go back to 0.58.2. You should see the FQBN error is magically fixed, even after no longer using 1.57.1.

Paul renamed it, such that those who wanted to only run released versions would keep being asked if they
want to upgrade their board...

it is now .58.2

And yes you will then keep getting the prompt if you wish to update to the latest... Unless you go and turn that off.

FYI:
Received these messages when i installed .58.2
Configuring platform.
Platform teensy:avr@0.58.2 installed
Uninstalling teensy:avr@1.57.1
Error upgrading platform: platform not installed
Uninstalling teensy:avr@0.58.2
Platform teensy:avr@0.58.2 uninstalled
Failed to install platform: teensy:avr.
Error: 13 INTERNAL: Cannot upgrade platform: platform not installed

Boards manager says version is 0.58.2, is this normal?

Ok so i restarted 2.0.3 and boards manager showed tensyduino was not installed at all. I installed 1.57.1. Restarted 2.0.3 and upgraded to 0.58.2 and it seemed to work this time.

This is the output:

Tool teensy:teensy-tools@0.58.2 already installed
Tool teensy:teensy-compile@11.3.1-beta1 already installed
Tool teensy:teensy-discovery@1.57.1 already installed
Tool teensy:teensy-monitor@1.57.0 already installed
Downloading packages
teensy:avr@0.58.2
Replacing platform teensy:avr@1.57.1 with teensy:avr@0.58.2
Uninstalling teensy:avr@1.57.1
Platform teensy:avr@1.57.1 uninstalled
Uninstalling teensy:teensy-tools@1.57.1, tool is no more required
Uninstalling teensy:teensy-compile@5.4.1, tool is no more required
Tool teensy:teensy-compile@5.4.1 uninstalled
Uninstalling teensy:teensy-discovery@1.57.1, tool is no more required
Uninstalling teensy:teensy-monitor@1.57.0, tool is no more required
Configuring platform.
Platform teensy:avr@0.58.2 installed

Maybe in File > Prefs you have the older index URL, the one with "156" in the middle?

I recently deleted the old index file and made it a symbolic link to the main one. If you had stuff installed which isn't in the newer file, that probably caused Arduino to do weird things.

Until Arduino adds better support for publishing beta versions, all betas will start with 0 as their major version number. We learned the hard way with the old index file that naming them as before with a separate installer for Arduino 1.8.x causes Arduino 2.0.x to prompt all users to replace their stable install with the latest beta.

Back