Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: teensy 4.0 damaged

teensy 4.0 damaged

hi everyone , I accidently damaged my teensy with alligator clips while soldering pins as in the photo, and as you all know there's shortage in boards storage ( i couldn't find any teensy products in the markets ) .
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/8oxJufQzB3rjegSs9
    is there any chance I can replace the damaged part ?

Quote Originally Posted by kaya View Post
    hi everyone , I accidently damaged my teensy with alligator clips while soldering pins as in the photo, and as you all know there's shortage in boards storage ( i couldn't find any teensy products in the markets ) .
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/8oxJufQzB3rjegSs9
    is there any chance I can replace the damaged part ?
    As of today (29 Nov 2022), according to their public <website> for the specific product, PJRC is taking pre-orders for Teensy 4.0s, with a limit of 20 per order. Similarly, according to their public <website> for the specific product, PJRC is taking pre-orders for Teensy 4.1s, with a limit of 10 per order.

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
    KD5RXT

Can't see the photo. Google wants a login just to view. Can you show it here in a message? Click the "insert image" button here on the forum to add it.

Good news is NXP delivered more chips. We're ramping up production in December. The quantity limits have been removed. In a matter of weeks you should see most distributors restock.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulStoffregen View Post
    Can't see the photo. Google wants a login just to view. Can you show it here in a message? Click the "insert image" button here on the forum to add it.

Good news is NXP delivered more chips. We're ramping up production in December. The quantity limits have been removed. In a matter of weeks you should see most distributors restock.
    Sounds like a lovely winter holiday present.....

The part is the orange LED connected to pin 13. Your Teensy is probably fine but you won't be able to run a blink sketch unless you hook up an external LED and resistor to an I/O pin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	teensy.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	29842
    sorry I didn't notice that google will ask to login to view