Default constructor for AudioConnection?

yeahtuna

In teensyduino 1.57, we can connect and disconnect AudioConnections, so is there any reason why we can't have a default constructor for AudioConnection and make connections in the setup method or elsewhere?

Code:
AudioConnection::AudioConnection() {
	next_dest = AudioStream::unused;
	AudioStream::unused = this;

isConnected = false;
}

I assume this will work fine. Still waiting for an audioboard, so my ability to test is pretty limited.

In teensyduino 1.57, we can connect and disconnect AudioConnections, so is there any reason why we can't have a default constructor for AudioConnection and make connections in the setup method or elsewhere?

Code:
AudioConnection::AudioConnection() {
	next_dest = AudioStream::unused;
	AudioStream::unused = this;

isConnected = false;
}

I assume this will work fine. Still waiting for an audioboard, so my ability to test is pretty limited.
Yes, that works fine.

You can test without an audio adaptor, though the objects available depend on your Teensy - the Info pane to the right of the design tool is your friend here.

Yes, I have seen that tool. I'm interested in testing the limits of audio library with an SSD connected to a USB host port on Teensy 4.1. I need to figure out how to optimize things to get the maximum number of voices, with the least amount of latency. Lots of work to be done. It seem that none of the audio file streaming classes are optimized for low latency operations.

Back