External ADC with Teensy 4.0

@WMXZ Looking at table 50 in the MCU datasheet, "Maser mode SAI timing", it seems like the clock might be a little bit faster, and i can imagine it doing a streaming receive. But I am not sure how you would hand shake a per dataum command sequence and handle the per datum timing for settling and conversion. Did you do that in your experience with the TI ADS, maybe you have an example code snippet?

You can use standard SAI (stereo protocol) where frame-sync toggles every 16 bit. data will be converted and transferred at alternate frame-sync phases.
In fact, I used 2 ADS8881 where frame-sync to second ADC was inverted. This way the conversion and transfer alternated. Obviously there is a 1/2 sample phase difference between the two ADCs.
To speed up you can use TDM protocol by simply having the frame-sync not symmetric (as with SAI) but asymmetric, where the conversion phase is adapted to datasheet.

here is an old answer of mine https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/4734...S1252-question?p=158254&viewfull=1#post158254

Looking back my old designs I also used once a AD7982 from Analog Devices with I2S

Last edited:
The question is does each of the LPSPI ports have a receive FIFO?

Yes. This is documented in the reference manual.

screenshot.png

I want to emphasize that going beyond the available easy-to-use libraries requires reading the reference manual. We can try to help and answer some questions, but if you're going to dive into those low-level details you really need to read chapter 48.

screenshot2.png

Back