Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #3

@KurtE
Thanks, I reinstalled the nvidia driver recommended, and the first boot, the screen completely hung again. That is things like, I could click on the button to bring up the shutdown drop down, but nothing would show up on the screen. CTRL+ALT+T did not bring up terminal, and so forth. Again resorted to having to use the power button to shutdown. Then tried it a couple times yesterday and it worked fine. So keeping fingers crossed.

That sounds familiar. After fighting the initial installation I have not had any further problems. Fingers crossed:)

EDIT: Thought I would mention that I have been following all of the development with USBHost_t36 updating and testing as I go. I don't have anything bluetooth'ish to play with so have not played with that yet. As of 1.58B3 everything works well with MSC and MTP. I now have DiskIO working with it and have it setup for auto mounting MSC drives and have also added the ability to properly umount a drive before it is unplugged. Both EXT4 and EXFAT are setup to do this. If there is multiple partitions on an MSC device those are automatically unmounted as well. Have not tackled SD cards yet.

I'll should probably start another thread for this...

Last edited:
Installed TD 1.58 Beta 3 here the other day - no comments as nothing new in few builds. Only opened IDE 2 version. The TeensyInstaller for 1.58b3 ran without issue.

Just now had to Close IDE 2 as it was failing to see ESP32's changing COM# ports.

ARRRGH! Restarted IDE 2 and it noted Board Updates - and I allowed ... Only to have TD 1.57 overwrite the 0.58beta 3 install as 'UPDATE' ...

IDE just offers update without noting what board ... so when running a TD Beta suggest deferring the Auto Update to Boards.

I hate to add myself as one of those requesting "even more" from an already terrific software package, but since I am trying to improve the experience for my classroom students, perhaps you will indulge me.

For the classroom control system laboratories we run at MIT, the send window is an incredibly useful way to have students experiment with parameters in real time. Perhaps I am missing something, but I think the send window still does not work in the 1.58-beta3 when running the serial plotter using the Teensy ports. So, I am still forced to switch to the non-teensy serial port when running the serial plotter, if I want to use the send window to adjust parameters, and the result, have a less reliable serial plotter. Any chance of moving this up the queue of things to fix?

Thanks very much,
Jacob White

P.S. - Only tried 1.58-beta3 on Mac running ventura 13.0.1, but the send window problem existed in 1.57 on all platforms I tried (windows or Mac).

I hate to add myself as one of those requesting "even more" from an already terrific software package, but since I am trying to improve the experience for my classroom students, perhaps you will indulge me.

TeensyPorts only supports USB connection transfer - the Serial Plotter is unique to the IDE supplied interface.

Not sure of the details of 'send window problem' other than that?

One thing that 'might work' would be building the Teensy with Dual Serial USB. Connecting the Primary port to the IDE Serial Plotter. Then using the 2nd USB port within the sketch to "send window to adjust parameters". It would take a 2nd SerialMonitor program to make that connection to the 'other' USB Serial that Teensy presents. For that here TyCommander/TyQt would be used to open a connection to that 2nd USB port. There is an example sketch showing sketch usage installed with TeensyDuino.

Example path for IDE 1.8.19: "<local install>\examples\Teensy\USB_Serial\Triple_Serial_Test\Triple_Serial_Test.ino"
Code:
// look for incoming data
if (Serial1.available() > 0) {
  Serial1.read()
}

// And this to send

SerialUSB1.print(buf);

jwhite said:
http://www.farrellf.com/TelemetryViewer/

There is actually another way if you want to use the approach that @defragster mentioned which doesn't involve using Serial Plotter which I always found to rather limiting. Several of us used it when we were playing around with @brtaylor's uNav librairies and that is to use Telemetry Viewer which allows you to do stuff like this:

Capture.PNG

I think I was not clear in my description of the problem. When using the teensyduino ide, one can launch a serial plotter that plots data sent from the Teensy over USB (using the teensyduino print and println functions and the predefined "Serial" channel). The serial plotter also includes box to type text and send it back to the Teensy over the same USB channel (received using the teensyduino read and readln functions). For some reason, when using the Teensyports, data does not seem to make it from the serial plotter send window to the Teensy.

I like your two-cable solution, I tried it a couple of years ago, but as you can imagine, with 60 students at a time in lab, with all kinds of laptops with limited ports, that proved problematic.

Regardless, I think my problem is solved by switching to Arduino's 2.0 IDE. The new IDE has a serial plotter (just testing it now), and sending data back to the Teensy works just fine. I'll post after a little more testing.

Thanks very much for the thoughtful response,
Jacob

I've tried using the arduino ide 2.0 with the Teensy 4.1, following the instructions on https://www.pjrc.com/arduino-ide-2-0-0-teensy-support/. I also used the 58-beta3 suggested and the start of this thread. The serial plotter is quite good, that is, once I found this post on the arduino site (https://github.com/arduino/arduino-ide/issues/803) which showed how to make the serial plotter plot 500 rather than 50 points.

"The package can be found in the installation folder of Arduino IDE
\Arduino IDE\resources\app\node_modules\arduino-serial-plotter-webapp\build\static\js\
main.35ae02cb.chunk.js can be modified to change values threshold value, need to replace U=Object(o.useState)(50) with U=Object(o.useState)(5000) it will increase maximum data points to 5000."

I've tried it with several of my lab exercises, and everything just works! Thanks very much Paul for supporting the 2.0 Arduino IDE.

Jacob

I think I was not clear in my description of the problem. When using the teensyduino ide, one can launch a serial plotter that plots data sent from the Teensy over USB (using the teensyduino print and println functions and the predefined "Serial" channel). The serial plotter also includes box to type text and send it back to the Teensy over the same USB channel (received using the teensyduino read and readln functions). For some reason, when using the Teensyports, data does not seem to make it from the serial plotter send window to the Teensy.

I like your two-cable solution, I tried it a couple of years ago, but as you can imagine, with 60 students at a time in lab, with all kinds of laptops with limited ports, that proved problematic.

Regardless, I think my problem is solved by switching to Arduino's 2.0 IDE. The new IDE has a serial plotter (just testing it now), and sending data back to the Teensy works just fine. I'll post after a little more testing.

Thanks very much for the thoughtful response,
Jacob

Dual Serial: Should provide a solution. The problem with IDE's Plotter SEND is not something known. Can you give a simple repro sketch? Perhaps it would plot one or two values that SEND should be able to update sending: "A=100" and "B=72", "A=42" and "B=102"

Dual Serial uses a SINGLE cable - but the Teensy projects TWO USB Serial interface points on that single Host connection. One hopefully feeds the IDE Plotter and the other should be picked up on same single cable using a second program (TyCommander) window for usable SEND message I/O.

Indeed, Telemetry Viewer is very COOL! Was on that thread for usage - a bit more overhead to set that up than IDE Plotter. Don't recall that PC messages used 'Send' to feedback to the Teensy? Not seeing UI space for that in p#30 image?

Dual Serial: Should provide a solution. The problem with IDE's Plotter SEND is not something known. Can you give a simple repro sketch? Perhaps it would plot one or two values that SEND should be able to update sending: "A=100" and "B=72", "A=42" and "B=102"

Dual Serial uses a SINGLE cable - but the Teensy projects TWO USB Serial interface points on that single Host connection. One hopefully feeds the IDE Plotter and the other should be picked up on same single cable using a second program (TyCommander) window for usable SEND message I/O.

Indeed, Telemetry Viewer is very COOL! Was on that thread for usage - a bit more overhead to set that up than IDE Plotter. Don't recall that PC messages used 'Send' to feedback to the Teensy? Not seeing UI space for that in p#30 image?

I posted about the issue (with a code snippet) some time ago, here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/6801...eensy-from-Serial-plotter?p=286712#post286712

I didn't realize what you meant by dual serial, now I understand. But as I said, it seems the issue is fixed in IDE 2.0.

Jacob

I posted about the issue (with a code snippet) some time ago, here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/6801...eensy-from-Serial-plotter?p=286712#post286712

I didn't realize what you meant by dual serial, now I understand. But as I said, it seems the issue is fixed in IDE 2.0.

Jacob

Its interesting issue. I ran your in 1.8.19 with TD 1.58 Beta3 installed and you are correct.
1. It works when Teensy Serial is selected but.
2. Does not work when Teensyports is used.

When using Arduino 2.0.3 with TD 1.58 Beta3 both Serial and Teensyports work with SerialPlotter.

PS using a Teensy 4.1

Downloaded PJRC_CoreMark and built on 1.8.19 with TD 1.58 Beta 3.

Current build here on a T_4.1 is 4% higher at 2408 versus 2314 quoted on: pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html
Code:
Correct operation validated. See README.md for run and reporting rules.
CoreMark 1.0 : 2408.09 / GCC11.3.1 20220712 (flags unknown) / STACK
coremark_barchart_t41_small.png

That confirms it builds and runs on T_4.1.

And a T_4.0 as well - same number:
Code:

And a T_MM as well - same number:
Code:

And T_4.1 on IDE 2.0.3 w/ TD 0.58.3 (beta 3 1.58) : Built twice, both are two 'ticks' slower at 2406:
Code:
CoreMark 1.0 : [B][U]2406.93[/U][/B] / GCC11.3.1 20220712 (flags unknown) / STACK

But T_MM in above IDE 2.0.3 - ERROR _ IDE 2 didn't program - confused by multiple Teensy connected????:
Code:
CoreMark 1.0 : 2406.93 / GCC11.3.1 20220712 (flags unknown) / STACK

Same SLOWER 2406 on T_4.0 and all 1062's IDE 2 versus IDE 1 build ???

Last edited:
@Paul: what shows there if (windows? if it works on standard system in use) some mult Teensy units online doing CoreMark to one and then the other?

RE p#37 - just built the COREMARK to confirm it built and ran as well.

IDE 1.8.19 Upload and SerMon works better than IDE 2.0.3 with multiple Teensy.

There were two T_4.0's on GPS in the window. Then T_4.1, T_4.0 and T_MM in some fashion with IDE 1.x and it uploaded fine.

Going to IDE 2 changed board and built - forgot to select port so first failed - found T_4.0 with build for 4.1 and 4.0 in - set Port and built and T_4.1 worked giving minor results diff #2406, expected to be the same #2408?

Selected and set T_MM and upload 'confused over mult Teensy' - though didn't read that and went to SerMon and saw the #2408 - moved to T_4.0 and then saw upload failed for 'Mult Teensy'?

Unplugged twin T_4.0's and rebuilt T_4.0 and T_MM to see same #2406 results - so it programmed and the Build Tools gave that diff result?

Also seen before using IDE 2.x that it needs restarted to see a Teensy at all - maybe that is known.

@Defragster - This is what I'm hearing

1: Coremark is 4% higher with new compiler.

2: Coremark varies 0.08% between runs.

3: Something didn't work in IDE2 with use of multiple Teensy connected to your PC.

4: IDE2 needs to be restarted to see Teensy

Also seen before using IDE 2.x that it needs restarted to see a Teensy at all - maybe that is known.

On #4, could you try running teensy-discovery.exe in a command prompt window? Once it's started, you must type START_SYNC and press Enter. It should respond with at least this:

Code:
{
"eventType": "start_sync",
"message": "OK"
}

If any Teensy boards are connected to your PC, you should see a block of JSON describing each.

As you plug or unplug Teensy boards, or upload code to them, you should see more JSON descriptions. When a Teensy first appear to your PC, it's normal to see several JSON blocks in rapid succession. Usually the first is printed when Windows learns of the newly connected USB device but hasn't yet looked at its interfaces or loaded drivers. Then you'll see more as Windows finds each interface and then loads a driver. The same happens on Linux and MacOS. For example, here's the JSON that appears when I plug in a Teensy 3.6.

Code:
{
"eventType": "add",
"port": {
"address": "usb4/4-13/4-13.4",
"label": "/dev/bus/usb/004/067 Serial",
"protocol": "teensy",
"protocolLabel": "Teensy Ports",
"properties": {
"name": "Teensy"
}
}
}
{
"modelID": "0x22",
"name": "Teensy 3.6"
}
}
}
{
}
}
}
{
"label": "/dev/ttyACM0 Serial",
}
}
}

The finer JSON details aren't the important part. What matters is whether teensy-discovery.exe is giving IDE2 the JSON info it needs as the hardware connects and disconnects.

What is and isn't already a known issue in IDE2 would be a question for PerT (or in theory searching the open issues on github, but I rarely manage to find them). Maybe he'll see this and chime in? But if the Arduino developers do get involved in any way, the very first question will be whether teensy-discovery.exe is giving the IDE (or Arduino CLI running underneath) proper JSON as the hardware changes occur.

@Defragster - This is what I'm hearing

1: Coremark is 4% higher with new compiler.

2: Coremark varies 0.08% between runs.

3: Something didn't work in IDE2 with use of multiple Teensy connected to your PC.

4: IDE2 needs to be restarted to see Teensy

On #4, could you try running teensy-discovery.exe in a command prompt window? Once it's started, you must type START_SYNC and press Enter. It should respond with at least this:

Thx Paul:
#1: Yes - current 1.58 shows 4% bump in CoreMark and indicates it builds and runs properly with tool chain changes.

#2a: IDE 1.8.19 Build on 1062's always reports coremark #==2408.09
#2b: IDE 2.0.3 Build on 1062's always reports coremark #== 2406.93

#3a: IDE 1.8.19 upload in turn of coremark to T_4.1, T_4.0, T_MM with two otherwise running T_4.0's also connected to same Win11 machine had no trouble programming the correct device when PORT selected.
#3b: IDE 2 upload in turn of coremark to T_4.1, T_4.0, T_MM with two otherwise running T_4.0's also connected to same Win11 machine somehow encountered problems finding and uploading to the correct device when PORT selected.
3b.1: this was on Desktop - should repeat on Laptop ...

#4: Opps: this is likely an IDE 2 issue. After posting recalled this was likely only using ESP32 devices AdaF or other where they were also jumping COM#'s from first use and perhaps again DFU'ing to program. Will update if it shows on Teensy, did not with coremark test above.

On Win 11 laptop IDE 1.8.19 w/ TD 1.58b3. USB-C Hub with three 1062 Teensys:
T_4.1 and T_4.0 and T_MM:
Code:
[B]CoreMark 1.0 : 2408.09 / GCC11.3.1 20220712[/B] (flags unknown) / STACK

Updated IDE 2.0.3 to board Teensy 0.58.3.
T_4.1 selected and built - it explains the T_4.1 code will NOT work for T_4.0 - The T_4.0 is sitting in RED LED Bootloader:
IDE2_1ver0err.png
Confused over usb:0/140000/0/3/3 versus .../3/2 shown in IDE selected.
This repro'd three times. Last time IDE 1.x closed. Then Un/Re plugged T_4.0 and pushed T_4.1 button.

Build/Upload to T_4.0 same fail text - except it triggered the T_4 bootloader and then programmed:
Code:
"C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3/teensy_post_compile" "-file=CoreMark.ino" "-path=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525" "-tools=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3" "-board=TEENSY40" -reboot "-port=usb:0/140000/0/3/3" "-portlabel={serial.port.label}" "-portprotocol={serial.port.protocol}"
Found 3 Teensy boards, but using auto-search to find board for upload.
Please use Tools > Ports(Teensy) to select the specific board.

Win 11 laptop updated IDE 2.0.3 - diff computer and diff unpowered USB-C Hub:
T_4.1 and T_4.0 and T_MM: Same build DIFF #2:: 2406 versus 2408
Code:
[B]CoreMark 1.0 : 2406.93 / GCC11.3.1 20220712[/B] (flags unknown) / STACK

This is the Loader Verbose from T_4.1 and 4.0 confusion:
Code:
00:31:49.426 (post_compile 29): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
00:31:49.431 (loader): remote connection 1384 opened
00:31:49.432 (post_compile 29): ARDUINO_USER_AGENT = "arduino-cli/0.29.0 arduino-ide/2.0.3 grpc-node-js/1.6.8"
00:31:49.432 (post_compile 29): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
00:31:49.432 (loader): remote cmd from 1384: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
00:31:49.432 (loader): remote cmd from 1384: "status"
00:31:49.435 (loader): remote cmd from 1384: "dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\"
00:31:49.435 (loader): remote cmd from 1384: "file:CoreMark.ino.hex"
00:31:49.436 (post_compile 29): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_181874\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:49.436 (post_compile 29): Sending command: dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\
00:31:49.436 (post_compile 29): Sending command: file:CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:49.447 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.hex", 29696 bytes
00:31:49.455 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.ehex", 29696 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
00:31:49.455 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
00:31:49.455 (loader): File "CoreMark.ino.hex". 29696 bytes
00:31:49.455 (loader): remote cmd from 1384: "status"
00:31:49.464 (post_compile 29): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:49.464 (post_compile 29): Disconnect
00:31:49.488 (loader): remote connection 1384 closed
00:31:50.356 (post_compile 30): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
00:31:50.358 (loader): remote connection 1680 opened
00:31:50.358 (loader): remote cmd from 1680: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
00:31:50.358 (loader): remote cmd from 1680: "status"
00:31:50.358 (loader): remote cmd from 1680: "dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\"
00:31:50.358 (loader): remote cmd from 1680: "file:CoreMark.ino.hex"
00:31:50.359 (post_compile 30): ARDUINO_USER_AGENT = "arduino-cli/0.29.0 arduino-ide/2.0.3 grpc-node-js/1.6.8"
00:31:50.359 (post_compile 30): port = "usb:0/140000/0/3/2"
00:31:50.359 (post_compile 30): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
00:31:50.362 (post_compile 30): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.362 (post_compile 30): Sending command: dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\
00:31:50.362 (post_compile 30): Sending command: file:CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.366 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.hex", 29696 bytes
00:31:50.374 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.ehex", 29696 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
00:31:50.374 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
00:31:50.374 (loader): File "CoreMark.ino.hex". 29696 bytes
00:31:50.382 (loader): remote cmd from 1680: "status"
00:31:50.384 (post_compile 30): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.384 (post_compile 30): Disconnect
00:31:50.406 (loader): remote connection 1680 closed
00:31:50.406 (loader): remote connection 1680 opened
00:31:50.407 (post_compile 31): Running teensy_reboot: "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3\teensy_reboot.exe" teensy_reboot.exe "-board=TEENSY41" "-port=usb:0/140000/0/3/2" "-portlabel={serial.port.label}" "-portprotocol={serial.port.protocol}"
00:31:50.501 (reboot 32): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
00:31:50.501 (reboot 32): location = usb:0/140000/0/3/2
00:31:50.501 (reboot 32): portlabel = {serial.port.label}
00:31:50.501 (reboot 32): portprotocol = {serial.port.protocol}
00:31:50.501 (reboot 32): LoadLibrary cfgmgr32 ok
00:31:50.501 (reboot 32): LoadLibrary ntdll ok
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#11156210#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/4    Port_#0004.Hub_#0004
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0281
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, devinst=00000003
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/4, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0281, serial=11156210, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#11156210#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32):   port COM3 found from devnode
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device complete
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#8983390#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/2    Port_#0002.Hub_#0004
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0280
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, devinst=00000005
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/2, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0280, serial=8983390, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#8983390#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32):   port COM5 found from devnode
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#6053000#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/3    Port_#0003.Hub_#0004
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0279
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): found_usb_device, devinst=00000006
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/3, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0279, serial=6053000, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#6053000#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.503 (reboot 32):   port COM4 found from devnode
00:31:50.506 (reboot 32): usb scan found 3 devices
00:31:50.511 (loader): remote connection 1796 opened
00:31:50.511 (reboot 32): found Teensy Loader, version 1.58
00:31:50.511 (reboot 32): Sending command: show:arduino_attempt_reboot
00:31:50.511 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "show:arduino_attempt_reboot"
00:31:50.511 (loader): got request to show arduino rebooting message
00:31:50.514 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)"
00:31:50.514 (reboot 32): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)
00:31:50.514 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "status"
00:31:50.516 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "status"
00:31:50.516 (reboot 32): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.516 (reboot 32): do_reset (serial) COM4
00:31:50.522 (reboot 32): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.522 (reboot 32): status read, retry 0
00:31:50.553 (ports 6): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
00:31:50.554 (ports 6): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/3
00:31:50.554 (ports 6): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/3/3
00:31:50.555 (ports 6): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
00:31:50.629 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "status"
00:31:50.632 (reboot 32): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.632 (reboot 32): status read, retry 1
00:31:50.734 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "status"
00:31:50.738 (reboot 32): Status: 1, 1, 0, 4, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:50.738 (reboot 32): status read, retry 2
00:31:50.774 (ports 6): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#00093c74#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/3    Port_#0003.Hub_#0004
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0478&REV_0107
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): found_usb_device, devinst=0000001b
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/3/3, class=HID, vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, serial=00093c74, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#00093c74#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
00:31:50.776 (ports 6): found_usb_device complete
00:31:50.777 (ports 6): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/3/3  [no_device] (Teensy 4.0) Bootloader
00:31:50.847 (loader): remote cmd from 1796: "status"
00:31:50.850 (loader): secure mode can not be locked: this is Standard Teensy
00:31:50.850 (loader): encryption is possible on this Teensy, but not yet configured
00:31:50.850 (loader): but without secure mode locked, encryption will NOT be secure!
00:31:50.850 (loader): Device came online, code_size = 2031616
00:31:50.850 (loader): Board is: Teensy 4.0 (IMXRT1062), version 1.07
00:31:50.863 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.hex", 29696 bytes
00:31:50.872 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.ehex", 29696 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
00:31:50.872 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
00:31:50.872 (loader): File "CoreMark.ino.hex". 29696 bytes, 1% used
00:31:50.937 (loader): set background IMG_ONLINE
00:31:50.959 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.hex", 29696 bytes
00:31:50.962 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\CoreMark.ino.ehex", 29696 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
00:31:50.962 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
00:31:50.962 (loader): File "CoreMark.ino.hex". 29696 bytes, 1% used
00:31:51.043 (loader): elf appears to be for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062) (8126464 bytes)
00:31:51.043 (loader): elf binary data matches hex file
00:31:51.043 (loader): elf file is for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062)
00:31:51.043 (loader): Incompatible file, showing warning dialog
00:31:51.082 (reboot 32): Status: 1, 0, 1, 5, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-1A3DB2E340B8B896E40AF7FB4E1E3525\, CoreMark.ino.hex
00:31:51.082 (reboot 32): status read, retry 3
00:31:51.082 (reboot 32): Success
00:31:51.082 (reboot 32): Disconnect
00:31:51.091 (loader): HID/win32: HidD_GetPreparsedData ok, device still online :-)
00:31:51.099 (loader): remote connection 1796 closed
00:31:51.115 (loader): remote connection 1680 closed
00:31:51.770 (ports 6): callback 001A
00:32:10.618 (ports 6): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
00:32:10.619 (ports 6): hid, found devinst=0000001C
00:32:10.619 (ports 6): hid, path=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#7&e5e4854&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
00:32:10.619 (ports 6): hid,  opened handle
00:32:10.619 (ports 6):  devinst=0000001C, location=usb:0/140000/0/3/3
00:32:10.619 (ports 6):  vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, usepage=FF9C, use=0024
00:32:10.619 (ports 6):  devpath=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#7&e5e4854&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
00:32:10.619 (ports 6): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/3/3  hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.0) Bootloader
00:32:10.620 (ports 6): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
00:32:10.620 (ports 6): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
00:32:30.681 (ports 6): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
00:32:30.682 (ports 6): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
00:36:03.542 (loader): Verbose Info event

Noted above the T_4.0 worked by accident as that is the unit put into Bootloader. Changing to T_MM had same result of T_4.0 in bootloader and FAIL:
CMtMM_1fail.png
Here is the Verbose in a file for T_MM fail with T_4.0 RED LED ready: View attachment T_MMfail_IDE2.txt

Just saw IDE 1.8.19 and 2.0.3 same warning - new or not ??:
Code:
"D:\\T_Drive\\arduino-1.8.19\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -c -O2 -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -D__IMXRT1062__ -DTEENSYDUINO=158 -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_TEENSY40 -DF_CPU=600000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-ID:\\T_Drive\\arduino-1.8.19\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\cores\\teensy4" "C:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_181874\\sketch\\core_util.c" -o "C:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_181874\\sketch\\core_util.c.o"
core_list_join.c: In function 'core_bench_list':
core_list_join.c:375: warning: 'info.data16' may be used uninitialized in this function 
  375 |                 while (list && ((list->info->data16 & 0xff) != info->data16))
      |                                                                ~~~~^~~~~~~~
D:\T_Drive\tCode\CoreMark\core_list_join.c:138:19: note: 'info.data16' was declared here
  138 |         list_data info;
      |                   ^~~~
"D:\\T_Drive\\arduino-1.8.19\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O2 -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -std=gnu++14 -fno-exceptions -fpermissive -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics -felide-constructors -Wno-error=narrowing -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -D__IMXRT1062__ -DTEENSYDUINO=158 -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_TEENSY40 -DF_CPU=600000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_US_ENGLISH "-IC:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_181874/pch" "-ID:\\T_Drive\\arduino-1.8.19\\hardware\\teensy\\avr\\cores\\teensy4" "C:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_181874\\sketch\\CoreMark.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\Tim\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_181874\\sketch\\CoreMark.ino.cpp.o"
Compiling libraries...
Compiling core...

RE p#43: Update to laptop was TD Board 0.58.3 as delivered. Is there a pending change not yet in beta for discovery tools that would explain failure?

Is there a pending change not yet in beta for discovery tools that would explain failure?

I'm pretty sure the multiple boards problem in msg #42-43 is a long-standing known limitation with Teensy Loader. If any Teensy is running in bootloader mode, it gets used no matter which was selected in Arduino IDE. If more than 1 is in bootloader mode, the first it finds (essentially random) gets used.

This is mostly a consequence of supporting 2 ways to initiate programming, either "automatic" upload controlled by clicking a button in Arduino, or manually by pressing the pushbutton on Teensy. As Teensy Loader is designed today (and has been since the earliest days of Teensy), the manual pushbutton press on the Teensy hardware (resulting in a Teensy board running in bootloader mode) has precedence over whatever Arduino said it wanted.

Many cases probably aren't handled very well. If 2 are already in bootloader mode, which gets used is not well defined, pretty much whichever Teensy Loader finds first. This isn't going to change for 1.58. Likewise, if the selected board isn't running in bootloader mode, teensy_post_compile will run teensy_reboot which tries to get it to go into bootloader mode... regardless of whether any other Teensy is already in bootloader mode.

For farther in the future, probably best to start a thread specifically about this, and try document the exact steps taken, ideally focusing only on multiple boards behavior for specific user actions (eg, not mixing in benchmark results and compiler warnings). This subject is already really confusing and reproducing problems requires very clear and precise description of actions taken.

I'm pretty sure the multiple boards problem in msg #42-43 is a long-standing known limitation with Teensy Loader. If any Teensy is running in bootloader mode, it gets used no matter which was selected in Arduino IDE. If more than 1 is in bootloader mode, the first it finds (essentially random) gets used.

This is mostly a consequence of supporting 2 ways to initiate programming, either "automatic" upload controlled by clicking a button in Arduino, or manually by pressing the pushbutton on Teensy. As Teensy Loader is designed today (and has been since the earliest days of Teensy), the manual pushbutton press on the Teensy hardware (resulting in a Teensy board running in bootloader mode) has precedence over whatever Arduino said it wanted.

Many cases probably aren't handled very well. If 2 are already in bootloader mode, which gets used is not well defined, pretty much whichever Teensy Loader finds first. This isn't going to change for 1.58. Likewise, if the selected board isn't running in bootloader mode, teensy_post_compile will run teensy_reboot which tries to get it to go into bootloader mode... regardless of whether any other Teensy is already in bootloader mode.

For farther in the future, probably best to start a thread specifically about this, and try document the exact steps taken, ideally focusing only on multiple boards behavior for specific user actions (eg, not mixing in benchmark results and compiler warnings). This subject is already really confusing and reproducing problems requires very clear and precise description of actions taken.

But, no board was in Bootloader when IDE was told to Build/Upload.
Somehow this T_4.0 board was 'addressed' to go to bootloader - even when the T_4.1 or T_MM were the selected port.

@PaulStoffregen: in furtherance of p#45,46 and #43
Using setup as in pjrc.com/threads/71975-Teensy-4-1-psram-memtest

Built again for T_4.1, did code edit to print added File&Date in setup() just to see the build to T_4.1 updated.

Build to T_4.1 as ONLY connected Teensy with IDE 2.0.3 w/TD 0.58.3 worked again reliably!
> Using IDE 2. Teensy_ports Sermon active before/'during'/after build as typical use.

Plugged T_4.0 into Win 11 PC front panel (versus shared HUB as before) and did BUILD again to upload to T_4.1. No other change.

That Build failed UPLOAD as noted in prior posts! The T_4.0 is now sitting in BOOTLOADER with RED LED
> File Compatibilty Teensy Dialog is displayed: Compile T_4.1 and Board is T_4.0

Teensy Verbose shows T_4.1 upload and USB #'s - then confused on T_4.0 and halted Upload:
Code:
[B]17:38:21.991 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4  [no_device] (Teensy 4.1) Serial[/B]
17:38:22.284 (ports 5): callback 001A
17:38:22.608 (loader): redraw, image 9
17:38:29.777 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:38:29.777 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:38:29.779 (ports 5): update_usb_device, devinst list change, old had 1, new has 2
17:38:29.779 (ports 5):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:38:29.779 (ports 5):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
17:38:29.779 (ports 5):   port COM20 found from devnode
17:38:29.780 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4  COM20 (Teensy 4.1) Serial
17:38:39.897 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:38:39.898 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:38:39.898 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:38:39.899 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:39:12.981 (post_compile 14): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
17:39:12.984 (loader): remote connection 792 opened
17:39:12.984 (post_compile 14): ARDUINO_USER_AGENT = "arduino-cli/0.29.0 arduino-ide/2.0.3 grpc-node-js/1.6.8"
17:39:12.984 (post_compile 14): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
17:39:12.984 (loader): remote cmd from 792: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
17:39:12.984 (loader): remote cmd from 792: "status"
17:39:12.984 (loader): file changed
17:39:12.992 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:39:12.999 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:39:12.999 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:12.999 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:39:13.004 (post_compile 14): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.004 (post_compile 14): Sending command: dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\
17:39:13.009 (loader): remote cmd from 792: "dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\"
17:39:13.010 (post_compile 14): Sending command: file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.010 (loader): remote cmd from 792: "file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex"
17:39:13.019 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:39:13.026 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:39:13.026 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:13.026 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:39:13.035 (loader): remote cmd from 792: "status"
17:39:13.039 (post_compile 14): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.039 (post_compile 14): Disconnect
17:39:13.054 (loader): remote connection 792 closed
[B]17:39:13.675 (post_compile 15): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
17:39:13.678 (loader): remote connection 1772 opened
17:39:13.678 (loader): remote cmd from 1772: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
17:39:13.678 (loader): remote cmd from 1772: "status"
17:39:13.678 (post_compile 15): ARDUINO_USER_AGENT = "arduino-cli/0.29.0 arduino-ide/2.0.3 grpc-node-js/1.6.8"
17:39:13.678 (post_compile 15): port = "usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4"
17:39:13.678 (post_compile 15): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
17:39:13.682 (loader): remote cmd from 1772: "dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\"
17:39:13.682 (loader): remote cmd from 1772: "file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex"
17:39:13.682 (post_compile 15): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.682 (post_compile 15): Sending command: dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\
17:39:13.682 (post_compile 15): Sending command: file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.692 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:39:13.698 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility[/B]
17:39:13.698 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:13.698 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:39:13.705 (loader): remote cmd from 1772: "status"
17:39:13.709 (post_compile 15): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.709 (post_compile 15): Disconnect
17:39:13.722 (loader): remote connection 1772 closed
17:39:13.722 (loader): remote connection 1772 opened
17:39:13.722 (post_compile 16): Running teensy_reboot: "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3\teensy_reboot.exe" teensy_reboot.exe "-board=TEENSY41" "-port=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4" "-portlabel={serial.port.label}" "-portprotocol={serial.port.protocol}"
17:39:13.741 (reboot 17): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
17:39:13.741 (reboot 17): location = usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4
17:39:13.741 (reboot 17): portlabel = {serial.port.label}
17:39:13.741 (reboot 17): portprotocol = {serial.port.protocol}
17:39:13.741 (reboot 17): LoadLibrary cfgmgr32 ok
17:39:13.741 (reboot 17): LoadLibrary ntdll ok
17:39:13.742 (reboot 17): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#12167530#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:39:13.742 (reboot 17): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4    Port_#0004.Hub_#0006
17:39:13.742 (reboot 17): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0280
17:39:13.742 (reboot 17): found_usb_device, devinst=00000005
17:39:13.742 (reboot 17): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0280, serial=12167530, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#12167530#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:39:13.743 (reboot 17):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:39:13.743 (reboot 17):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
17:39:13.743 (reboot 17):   port COM20 found from devnode
17:39:13.743 (reboot 17): found_usb_device complete
17:39:13.745 (reboot 17): usb scan found 1 devices
17:39:13.748 (loader): remote connection 1636 opened
17:39:13.748 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "show:arduino_attempt_reboot"
17:39:13.748 (loader): got request to show arduino rebooting message
17:39:13.748 (reboot 17): found Teensy Loader, version 1.58
17:39:13.748 (reboot 17): Sending command: show:arduino_attempt_reboot
17:39:13.750 (reboot 17): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)
17:39:13.750 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)"
17:39:13.750 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "status"
17:39:13.753 (reboot 17): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.753 (reboot 17): do_reset (serial) COM20
17:39:13.755 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "status"
17:39:13.759 (reboot 17): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.759 (reboot 17): status read, retry 0
17:39:13.774 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:39:13.775 (ports 5): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4
17:39:13.775 (ports 5): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4
17:39:13.775 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:39:13.863 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "status"
17:39:13.867 (reboot 17): Status: 1, 1, 0, 6, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.867 (reboot 17): status read, retry 1
17:39:13.947 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:39:13.948 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:39:13.971 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "status"
17:39:13.974 (loader): handle 51c
17:39:13.974 (loader): Device came online, code_size = 100
17:39:13.974 (loader): Board is: NXP IMXRT1062 ROM
17:39:13.974 (loader): begin operation
17:39:13.982 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:39:13.990 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:39:13.990 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:13.990 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:39:13.991 (loader): set background IMG_ONLINE
17:39:13.994 (reboot 17): Status: 1, 1, 1, 7, 0, 8, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:13.998 (loader): nxp_write: success
17:39:14.001 (loader): HAB locked secure mode
17:39:14.002 (loader): sending ehex loader utility, 5536 bytes
17:39:14.003 (loader): nxp_write: success
17:39:14.004 (loader): nxp_write: success
17:39:14.006 (loader): run it..
17:39:14.006 (loader): nxp_write: success
17:39:14.022 (loader): ehex loader utility sucessfully started
17:39:14.022 (loader): end operation, total time = 0.047 seconds
17:39:14.027 (loader): redraw timer set, image 80 to show for 2000 ms
17:39:14.029 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:39:14.034 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:39:14.049 (loader): remote cmd from 1636: "status"
17:39:14.050 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:14.051 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:14.051 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:14.051 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/3
17:39:14.052 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:14.052 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/3
17:39:14.052 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/3
17:39:14.052 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:14.053 (reboot 17): Status: 1, 1, 0, 7, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:39:14.053 (reboot 17): status read, retry 2
17:39:14.053 (reboot 17): Success
17:39:14.053 (reboot 17): Disconnect
17:39:14.065 (loader): remote connection 1636 closed
17:39:14.066 (loader): remote connection 1772 closed
17:39:14.427 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:39:14.429 (ports 5): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001290f1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:39:14.429 (ports 5): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4    Port_#0004.Hub_#0006
17:39:14.429 (ports 5): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0478&REV_0108
17:39:14.429 (ports 5): found_usb_device, devinst=00000021
17:39:14.429 (ports 5): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4, class=HID, vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0108, serial=001290f1, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#001290f1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:39:14.429 (ports 5): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
17:39:14.430 (ports 5): found_usb_device complete
17:39:14.431 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4  [no_device] (Teensy 4.1) Bootloader
17:39:14.698 (loader): encryption is required, public key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:14.698 (loader): secure mode is locked: this is Lockable Teensy
17:39:14.698 (loader): Device came online, code_size = 8126464
17:39:14.698 (loader): Board is: Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062), version 1.08
17:39:14.710 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:39:14.718 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:39:14.719 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:14.719 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes, 1% used
17:39:14.719 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex" opened, but "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex" will actually be used
17:39:14.743 (loader): set background IMG_ONLINE
17:39:14.753 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:39:14.759 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:39:14.759 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:39:14.759 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes, 1% used
17:39:14.759 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex" opened, but "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex" will actually be used
17:39:14.782 (loader): elf appears to be for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062) (8126464 bytes)
17:39:14.782 (loader): elf binary data matches hex file
17:39:14.782 (loader): elf file is for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062)
17:39:14.782 (loader): using encrypted ehex (required - secure mode is locked)
17:39:14.804 (loader): begin operation
17:39:14.836 (loader): flash, block=0, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:14.837 (loader): flash, block=1, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:14.838 (loader): flash, block=2, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.117 (loader): flash, block=3, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.118 (loader): flash, block=4, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.152 (loader): flash, block=5, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.154 (loader): flash, block=6, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.155 (loader): flash, block=7, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.182 (loader): flash, block=8, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.184 (loader): flash, block=9, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.185 (loader): flash, block=10, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.211 (loader): flash, block=11, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.213 (loader): flash, block=12, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.215 (loader): flash, block=13, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.241 (loader): flash, block=14, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.243 (loader): flash, block=15, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.246 (loader): flash, block=16, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.272 (loader): flash, block=17, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.274 (loader): flash, block=18, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.277 (loader): flash, block=19, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.280 (loader): flash, block=20, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.302 (loader): flash, block=21, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.305 (loader): flash, block=22, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.308 (loader): flash, block=23, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.311 (loader): flash, block=24, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.334 (loader): flash, block=25, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.336 (loader): flash, block=26, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.338 (loader): flash, block=27, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.364 (loader): flash, block=28, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.366 (loader): flash, block=29, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.369 (loader): flash, block=30, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.397 (loader): flash, block=31, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.399 (loader): flash, block=32, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.402 (loader): flash, block=33, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.428 (loader): flash, block=34, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.430 (loader): flash, block=35, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.432 (loader): flash, block=36, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.457 (loader): flash, block=37, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.459 (loader): flash, block=38, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.488 (loader): flash, block=39, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.489 (loader): flash, block=40, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.519 (loader): flash, block=41, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.521 (loader): flash, block=42, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.551 (loader): flash, block=43, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.554 (loader): flash, block=44, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.557 (loader): flash, block=45, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.559 (loader): flash, block=46, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.563 (loader): flash, block=47, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.565 (loader): flash, block=48, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.598 (loader): flash, block=49, bs=1024, auto=1
17:39:15.629 (loader): sending reboot
17:39:15.629 (loader): begin wait_until_offline
17:39:15.640 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:39:15.641 (ports 5): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4
17:39:15.641 (ports 5): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4
17:39:15.641 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:39:15.687 (loader): offline, waited 1
17:39:15.687 (loader): end operation, total time = 0.883 seconds
17:39:15.689 (loader): set background IMG_REBOOT_OK
17:39:15.691 (loader): redraw timer set, image 14 to show for 1200 ms
17:39:15.843 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:15.844 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:15.844 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:15.845 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/3
17:39:15.845 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:15.846 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/3
17:39:15.846 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/3
17:39:15.846 (loader): HID/win32:  vid:046D pid:C52B ver:1211  usb:0/140000/0/9/4/2/4
17:39:16.270 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:39:16.272 (ports 5): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#12167530#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:39:16.272 (ports 5): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4    Port_#0004.Hub_#0006
17:39:16.272 (ports 5): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0280
17:39:16.272 (ports 5): found_usb_device, devinst=00000007
17:39:16.272 (ports 5): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0280, serial=12167530, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#12167530#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:39:16.272 (ports 5):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:39:16.272 (ports 5): found_usb_device complete
17:39:16.273 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4  [no_device] (Teensy 4.1) Serial
17:39:16.554 (ports 5): callback 001A
17:39:16.884 (loader): redraw, image 9
17:39:24.016 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:39:24.016 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:39:24.016 (ports 5): update_usb_device, devinst list change, old had 1, new has 2
17:39:24.016 (ports 5):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:39:24.016 (ports 5):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
17:39:24.016 (ports 5):   port COM20 found from devnode
17:39:24.017 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4  COM20 (Teensy 4.1) Serial
17:39:34.297 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:39:34.297 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:39:34.298 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:40:53.075 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:40:53.077 (ports 5): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#6053000#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:40:53.077 (ports 5): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/7    Port_#0007.Hub_#0002
17:40:53.077 (ports 5): found_usb_device, devinst=00000023
17:40:53.077 (ports 5): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0279
17:40:53.077 (ports 5): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/7, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0279, serial=6053000, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#6053000#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:40:53.077 (ports 5):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:40:53.077 (ports 5):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
[B]17:40:53.077 (ports 5):   port COM26 found from devnode
17:40:53.077 (ports 5): found_usb_device complete
17:40:53.078 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/7  COM26 (Teensy 4.0) Serial[/B]
17:41:03.587 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
17:41:03.587 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:41:03.588 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:41:13.925 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:41:13.927 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:41:15.800 (post_compile 18): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
17:41:15.802 (loader): remote connection 1492 opened
17:41:15.802 (post_compile 18): ARDUINO_USER_AGENT = "arduino-cli/0.29.0 arduino-ide/2.0.3 grpc-node-js/1.6.8"
17:41:15.802 (post_compile 18): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
17:41:15.802 (loader): remote cmd from 1492: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
17:41:15.803 (loader): remote cmd from 1492: "status"
17:41:15.803 (loader): file changed
17:41:15.812 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:41:15.818 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:41:15.819 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:41:15.819 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:41:15.823 (post_compile 18): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:15.823 (post_compile 18): Sending command: dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\
17:41:15.830 (loader): remote cmd from 1492: "dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\"
17:41:15.830 (loader): remote cmd from 1492: "file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex"
17:41:15.831 (post_compile 18): Sending command: file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:15.838 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:41:15.845 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:41:15.845 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:41:15.845 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:41:15.853 (loader): remote cmd from 1492: "status"
17:41:15.857 (post_compile 18): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:15.857 (post_compile 18): Disconnect
17:41:15.872 (loader): remote connection 1492 closed
17:41:16.484 (post_compile 19): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
17:41:16.487 (loader): remote connection 1664 opened
17:41:16.487 (loader): remote cmd from 1664: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)"
17:41:16.487 (post_compile 19): ARDUINO_USER_AGENT = "arduino-cli/0.29.0 arduino-ide/2.0.3 grpc-node-js/1.6.8"
17:41:16.487 (post_compile 19): port = "usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4"
17:41:16.487 (post_compile 19): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_post_compile)
17:41:16.487 (loader): remote cmd from 1664: "status"
17:41:16.491 (post_compile 19): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.491 (post_compile 19): Sending command: dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\
17:41:16.491 (loader): remote cmd from 1664: "dir:C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\"
17:41:16.491 (loader): remote cmd from 1664: "file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex"
[B]17:41:16.492 (post_compile 19): Sending command: file:teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.500 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:41:16.507 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:41:16.507 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:41:16.507 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes
17:41:16.515 (loader): remote cmd from 1664: "status"
17:41:16.518 (post_compile 19): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.518 (post_compile 19): Disconnect
17:41:16.540 (loader): remote connection 1664 closed
17:41:16.541 (post_compile 20): Running teensy_reboot: "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3\teensy_reboot.exe" teensy_reboot.exe "-board=TEENSY41" "-port=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4" "-portlabel={serial.port.label}" "-portprotocol={serial.port.protocol}"
17:41:16.541 (loader): remote connection 1312 opened
17:41:16.561 (reboot 21): Begin, version=1.58-beta3, high-res time
17:41:16.561 (reboot 21): location = usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4[/B]
17:41:16.561 (reboot 21): portlabel = {serial.port.label}
17:41:16.561 (reboot 21): portprotocol = {serial.port.protocol}
17:41:16.561 (reboot 21): LoadLibrary cfgmgr32 ok
17:41:16.561 (reboot 21): LoadLibrary ntdll ok
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#12167530#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4    Port_#0004.Hub_#0006
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0280
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, devinst=00000005
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0280, serial=12167530, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#12167530#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21):   port COM20 found from devnode
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device complete
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#6053000#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/7    Port_#0007.Hub_#0002
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0483&REV_0279
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device, devinst=00000006
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/7, class=USB, vid=16C0, pid=0483, ver=0279, serial=6053000, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0483#6053000#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21):   comport_from_devinst_list attempt
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21):   found Ports in classguid_list at index=1
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21):   port COM26 found from devnode
17:41:16.562 (reboot 21): found_usb_device complete
17:41:16.564 (reboot 21): usb scan found 2 devices
17:41:16.566 (loader): remote connection 1300 opened
17:41:16.566 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "show:arduino_attempt_reboot"
17:41:16.566 (loader): got request to show arduino rebooting message
17:41:16.566 (reboot 21): found Teensy Loader, version 1.58
17:41:16.566 (reboot 21): Sending command: show:arduino_attempt_reboot
17:41:16.569 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)"
17:41:16.570 (reboot 21): Sending command: comment: Teensyduino 1.58-beta3 - WINDOWS (teensy_reboot)
17:41:16.570 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "status"
17:41:16.573 (reboot 21): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.573 (reboot 21): do_reset (serial) COM26
17:41:16.576 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "status"
17:41:16.579 (reboot 21): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.579 (reboot 21): status read, retry 0
17:41:16.628 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:41:16.630 (ports 5): remove: loc=usb:0/140000/0/7
17:41:16.630 (ports 5): usb_remove: usb:0/140000/0/7
17:41:16.630 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:41:16.681 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "status"
17:41:16.685 (reboot 21): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.685 (reboot 21): status read, retry 1
17:41:16.789 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "status"
17:41:16.793 (reboot 21): Status: 1, 1, 0, 8, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:16.793 (reboot 21): status read, retry 2
17:41:16.889 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]17:41:16.891 (ports 5): found_usb_device, id=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#00093c74#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:41:16.891 (ports 5): found_usb_device, loc=usb:0/140000/0/7    Port_#0007.Hub_#0002
17:41:16.891 (ports 5): found_usb_device, hwid=USB\VID_16C0&PID_0478&REV_0107
17:41:16.891 (ports 5): found_usb_device, devinst=00000025
17:41:16.891 (ports 5): add: loc=usb:0/140000/0/7, class=HID, vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, serial=00093c74, dev=\\?\usb#vid_16c0&pid_0478#00093c74#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
17:41:16.891 (ports 5): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
17:41:16.892 (ports 5): found_usb_device complete
17:41:16.893 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/7  [no_device] (Teensy 4.0) Bootloader
17:41:16.901 (loader): remote cmd from 1300: "status"
17:41:16.905 (loader): secure mode can not be locked: this is Standard Teensy
17:41:16.905 (loader): encryption is possible on this Teensy, but not yet configured
17:41:16.905 (loader): but without secure mode locked, encryption will NOT be secure!
17:41:16.905 (loader): Device came online, code_size = 2031616
17:41:16.905 (loader): Board is: Teensy 4.0 (IMXRT1062), version 1.07
17:41:16.918 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:41:16.926 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:41:16.926 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:41:16.926 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes, 3% used
17:41:16.972 (loader): set background IMG_ONLINE
17:41:16.984 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex", 51200 bytes
17:41:16.991 (loader): File "C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.ehex", 51200 bytes, and 5536 loader utility
17:41:16.991 (loader): ehex is valid, key hash: 85A79CC1 B7C7F866 7F5BB3ED 0F9C9BA5 B4149EE2 72846D35 86B63863 B0699942
17:41:16.991 (loader): File "teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex". 51200 bytes, 3% used
17:41:17.031 (loader): elf appears to be for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062) (8126464 bytes)
17:41:17.031 (loader): elf binary data matches hex file
17:41:17.031 (loader): elf file is for Teensy 4.1 (IMXRT1062)
17:41:17.031 (loader): Incompatible file, showing warning dialog[/COLOR][/B]
17:41:17.062 (reboot 21): Status: 1, 0, 1, 9, 0, 0, C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318\, teensy41_psram_memtest.ino.hex
17:41:17.062 (reboot 21): status read, retry 3
17:41:17.062 (reboot 21): Success
17:41:17.062 (reboot 21): Disconnect
17:41:17.102 (loader): remote connection 1300 closed
17:41:17.149 (loader): HID/win32: HidD_GetPreparsedData ok, device still online :-)
17:41:17.221 (loader): remote connection 1312 closed
17:41:17.434 (ports 5): callback 001A
17:41:26.812 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE
17:41:26.812 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:41:26.813 (ports 5): update_usb_device, devinst list change, old had 1, new has 2
17:41:26.813 (ports 5): hiddev_from_devinst_list: iface=0
17:41:26.814 (ports 5): hid, found devinst=00000026
17:41:26.814 (ports 5): hid, path=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#7&e5e4854&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
17:41:26.814 (ports 5): hid,  opened handle
17:41:26.814 (ports 5):  devinst=00000026, location=usb:0/140000/0/7
17:41:26.814 (ports 5):  vid=16C0, pid=0478, ver=0107, usepage=FF9C, use=0024
17:41:26.814 (ports 5):  devpath=\\?\hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478#7&e5e4854&2&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
17:41:26.815 (ports 5): usb_add: usb:0/140000/0/7  hid#vid_16c0&pid_0478 (Teensy 4.0) Bootloader
17:41:37.078 (ports 5): WM_DEVICECHANGE DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED
17:41:37.079 (ports 5): nothing new, skipping HID & Ports enum
17:48:31.713 (loader): Verbose Info event

Last edited:
@Paul - with Two T_4.1's connected Neither will program 'automatically' with IDE 2.0.3 they both give:
Code:
C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3/teensy_post_compile" "-file=teensy41_psram_memtest.ino" "-path=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-2FE75A633D7060765C147E7121984318" "-tools=C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3" "-board=TEENSY41" -reboot "-port=usb:0/140000/0/6/1/4" "-portlabel={serial.port.label}" "-portprotocol={serial.port.protocol}"
[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]Found 2 Teensy boards, but using auto-search to find board for upload.[/COLOR][/B]
Please use Tools > Ports(Teensy) to select the specific board.

At the same time IDE 1.8.19 works to 'Auto' program with Windows 11 here and alternate between them by changing the Teensy_port.

Using SerMon tied to each IDE and closing the ports between trials, but both IDE's open.

Just a few stupid questions, but I'm stupid so I'll ask.
1. Beta#1 was originally titled ...(new toolchain test). After the fix from #5 and the slightly larger memory footprint, the only real issue I have had with 1.58 concerns time_t changing from 32 to 64 bit. I have a union of a byte array and a struct that contains time_t. The byte array is used to CRC this structure which is stored in EEPROM and gets loaded at startup. When I switch between 1.57 and 1.58 the CRC fails. Can I assume the new toolchain has worked out ok and will become the baseline? ie. should I switch to 1.58+ from now on?

2. I have been dabbling with Arduino 2.03. The new features and capabilities are awesome. The bugs in the interface and especially serial comm at this point render it unusable. There are so many problems that I assume people are working on them. Should I be reporting those 2.03 bugs here?

Just a few stupid questions

Seem like good questions ...

taking a guess on #1: not seen any pushback on moving to new toolchain - PJRC got the warnings cleaned it seems and not seen any 'fatal' problems or issues presented - and it made it to beta #3

#2: known IDE 2 issues best posted on their github issues - of course many known and posting suggests 'scanning the open ones' to not add a duplicate. @Pers has been active here at times helping and transferring/identifying issues.

Back