Compiler error with Teensy 1.57.2 Arduino plug-in

cjames53

A software update of the Teensy Arduino plug-in has broken the Audio library.

Teensy 4.1
Arduino 2.0.3
Teensy Plug-in 1.57.2

I updated Arduino from 2.0.1 to 2.0.3, and everything worked fine. Then I updated the Teensy plug-in to 1.57.2. Now I get this error:

In file included from /Users/cjames/Documents/Teensy/libraries/Tactile/TactileAudio.h:24:0,
from /Users/cjames/Documents/Teensy/libraries/Tactile/Tactile.h:26,
from /Users/cjames/Documents/Teensy/sketches/MyProject/MyProject.ino:2:
/Users/cjames/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/hardware/avr/1.57.2/libraries/Audio/Audio.h:34:2: error: #error "The Audio Library only works with Teensy 3.X. Teensy 2.0 is unsupported."
#error "The Audio Library only works with Teensy 3.X. Teensy 2.0 is unsupported."
^~~~~
/Users/cjames/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/hardware/avr/1.57.2/libraries/Audio/Audio.h:37:10: fatal error: DMAChannel.h: No such file or directory
#include "DMAChannel.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks!
Craig

I know you said you are using Teensy 4.1, but please try clicking the Tools > Boards menu. Maybe it somehow got accidentally set to Teensy 2.0 rather than Teensy 4.1 ?

Mea culpa, thanks for your fast response. That's exactly what happened.

Which leads to a separate problem, but that's probably for a different thread. Which (quick summary) is that Arduino frequently claims that the Teensy 4.1 has suddenly gone offline. It's (apparently) random. Unplug/replug, reset, quit/restart Arduino -- nothing helps. In desperation I tried was changing the USB to something nonsensical then changing it back. Apparently I didn't change it back correctly. The good news ... when I did it right, the Teensy USB serial port came back online.

Cheers,
Craig

Teensy 4.1 has suddenly gone offline.

If it's occasionally disconnecting, as if you had unplugged the cable, and then reappearing... that's a strong sign of poor quality USB communication. Some longer or lower quality Micro-B USB cables work well with 12 Mbit devices like Teensy 3 and most Arduino boards, but have trouble with 480 Mbit USB speed used by Teensy 4.x.

Back