How does teensy appear as audio device?

I have been looking into possibility of using Arduino zero to convert audio signal across usb to PWM or I2S, however I cant figure out how, if its possible at all to get Arduino to appear as an audio device. Note, this Arduino uses ATSAMD21

I have been looking into possibility of using Arduino zero to convert audio signal across usb to PWM or I2S, however I cant figure out how, if its possible at all to get Arduino to appear as an audio device. Note, this Arduino uses ATSAMD21

If you had a Teensy 3.x or 4.x processor, I imagine it would be straight forward. You would have to define the type as audio and use AudioInputUSB in the audio library, and plug that into either AudioOutputI2S or plug it into a pair of mixers (AudioMixer4) that splits the output to either the left or right streams, and the output of the mixer goes into separate AudioOutputPWM channels.

However, since you have an Arduino Zero,I don't know. You might get a more appropriate answer in a forum that talks about Aurdino Zero processors.

Back