iridescentmicropython desktop OS in development for teensy 4.1 bare minimum

georgerosar

Hi, I’ve developing a touch screen OS currently on the Teensy 4.1 with 16MB PSRAM and Teensy Audio Codec, and 2Gbit FLASHRAM on the Teensy Audio Adapter and RA8875 break-out board. It is based in combining micropython with the teensy 4 core. Both are modified and everything is self contained in the project. The main idea is to be able to run Arduino, Teensyduino code and also micropython modules at the same time. Read the README.md, if you can help get this to work. All the python modules from numpy, intelhex, matlibplot, kivy, music21 and the desktop touch OS are not booting yet, even though they compile, this is in development.

I am looking for collaborators, most of the code is finished, but I need a better board with larger flash RAM for the boot image. I am possibly switching compiler to one of the arch linux compilers but haven’t tested the teensy core with glibc and all that. I am looking for someone that understand the low level of NXP’s libraries as well as the Teensy 4 core, so knowledge of C++ is definitely needed as well as C. I’m currently working to port GLEW to the TeensyGL tft instance.

https://github.com/8888clockradio/iridescentmicropython

If you show any interest I may want to add you as a collaborator. Please reply with your GitHub user names if you can develop under these terms. Read the README.md to see what's going on.

Back