Is it possible to run 2 processes on a t4.1 ?

Can a t4.1 run 2 programs ?

One to count interrupts and one to process the data ?

Not really. The I.MX RT1062 processor only has one core to run programs. It does however have a feature (Quadrature Decoder) that allows it to count pulses without going through interrupts on every pulse.

Before covid set in Paul was talking about a future Teensy based on the i.MX RT107x processors that would have 2 cores, one an ARM M7 based processor, and the other an ARM M4 based processor. Given chip supply issues, I wouldn't pin any hope on new chips suddently being available (but I would like to be proven wrong).

Can a t4.1 run 2 programs ?

One to count interrupts and one to process the data ?

Each ISR can keep a count of its executions. For each interrupt source, define a uint32_t variable and increment that variable within the ISR. Does this question relate to your other thread about too many interrupts when using 6 encoders?

Don't know if this works or not, but there is a TeensyThreads library. This allows threads, which are not the same as two programs. However, as stated above, the Teensy is a single core device.

Don't know if this works or not, but there is a TeensyThreads library. This allows threads, which are not the same as two programs. However, as stated above, the Teensy is a single core device.

Yes, I have used it and consider it a hidden gem. It is a very powerful tool to cut down complexity of projects.
However here it might be possible to just do the counting in the interrupt service routine?

Back