Where can i buy Teensy 4.0??

pjy5451

Hello,

I'm looking for adopting Teensy 4.0 for my research project
But i couldn't find any valid website since out of stock :<
I believe it's caused by supplier issue but have no any exact reason...

So my question is.. How long should I wait to buy Teensy 4.0 or is there any available website where i don't know?

Thanks very much

Can you tell us where in the world you're located?

Ordering direct from PJRC in the USA is an option, but international shipping for small packages tends to come in 2 flavors: fast but expensive from shipping carriers like UPS, or postal mail which is slow and often costs as much as 1 Teensy. If no stores in your country have Teensy in stock, that may be your only option.

Can you tell us where in the world you're located?

Ordering direct from PJRC in the USA is an option, but international shipping for small packages tends to come in 2 flavors: fast but expensive from shipping carriers like UPS, or postal mail which is slow and often costs as much as 1 Teensy. If no stores in your country have Teensy in stock, that may be your only option.

The only UK distributor with them in stock is OakTree LLC but they are charging a before tax price of $30.40.
I have converted for exchange rate and tax.
This is a 28% mark up on retail price! I thought you were making attempts to stop PRICE GOUGING!

The main thing PJRC can do about too-high 3rd party retail pricing is manufacture and ship enough to meet demand. That's been our main focus... and it's far from easy with so many ongoing supply chain problems, like the recent issue with the SD sockets.

I can't discuss details, but I can tell you we're communicating with UK distributors and working to get them restocked.

Theoretically, contracts can be used to impose pricing controls. But the reality for a small manufacturer like PJRC is limited clout to impose restrictions resellers don't want. And I believe anyone can see how worthless those sorts of agreements become (eg, Raspberry Pi single board computers) when supply is limited to much less than demand.

Resellers who use Amazon also tend to have much less control. Amazon's algorithms are automatically at work, using A/B testing (and probably lots of other sneaky techniques) trying to detect the maximum price customers are willing to pay. The retail price you're seeing may be a result of Amazon automatically adjusting price. But the reality is everyone wants to make money. Raising prices on limited inventory during times of high demand is pretty much inevitable.

That's why we're putting nearly all our effort into supplying more. Only adequate supply will tame the price gouging.

The main thing PJRC can do about too-high 3rd party retail pricing is manufacture and ship enough to meet demand. That's been our main focus... and it's far from easy with so many ongoing supply chain problems, like the recent issue with the SD sockets.

I can't discuss details, but I can tell you we're communicating with UK distributors and working to get them restocked.

Theoretically, contracts can be used to impose pricing controls. But the reality for a small manufacturer like PJRC is limited clout to impose restrictions resellers don't want. And I believe anyone can see how worthless those sorts of agreements become (eg, Raspberry Pi single board computers) when supply is limited to much less than demand.

Resellers who use Amazon also tend to have much less control. Amazon's algorithms are automatically at work, using A/B testing (and probably lots of other sneaky techniques) trying to detect the maximum price customers are willing to pay. The retail price you're seeing may be a result of Amazon automatically adjusting price. But the reality is everyone wants to make money. Raising prices on limited inventory during times of high demand is pretty much inevitable.

That's why we're putting nearly all our effort into supplying more. Only adequate supply will tame the price gouging.

Ok, thanks for that. I agree with Patents and Agreements.
They are only any good if you have the money and are happy to sue.

I used to work for a firm where the Proprietor (before going Public) had an idea and Patented it.
He then also thought off all the alternative ways of doing the same or similar things and Patented them.
He called it his Patent thicket.
He then sued any one who tried to steal his idea.
It worked quite well and he had many successful prosecutions.
It was funny in the states initial prosecution might go against the company because the initial Judge wasn't that technically minded but every time it went to appeal we/he won the case and
damages were awarded. In the millions.

The company now has a stock market capitalisation of $3.4Billion.

I'm in South Korea and almost all stores in our country has no stock badly
Some of companies are announced that they're going to order Teensy 4.0 with 100 quantities soon but most of them are reserved

Thank you so much

Back