Color LCD Touchscreen Backlight

craiglindley

Not having seen a schematic of the ILI9341 color LCD module I have a question about its backlight. Does the backlight pin on the display directly drive LED backlight(s) or is there some driver between the pin and the backlight?

not sure if this will answer your question, but you can "turn on/off" the display with by setting the LED pin to high / low directly. You can also send a PWM signal to the LED pin to control brightness.

not sure if this will answer your question, but you can "turn on/off" the display with by setting the LED pin to high / low directly. You can also send a PWM signal to the LED pin to control brightness.

No it doesn't answer my question. My question is is the backlight pin connected directly to the anode of the backlight LED(s) or is it connected to some kind of driver circuit that actually switches the backlight off or on?

That pin drives a transistor that controls the LED backlight power. Active H to turn backlight on. Can tie to 3.3V or use pull-up to always have on or can use logic control.

Back