Compatibility with NXP 1051 microcontroller

QStainer

Hi Everyone,

I am currently designing a motherboard for a project that requires very high ethernet transfer speed. I am using the single GPIO acquisition from the Teensy 4.1 with great success, but need to merge the circuit with our own board.
I have already ordered and received memories chip with the bootloader flashed on them.
My main issue is that due to the global shortage, I am unable to source the MIMXRT1062DVJ6B microcontroller. The alternative model uses a BGA package with smaller pitch, that implies using microvia technology which will significantly increases our PCB production cost.
I found that the MIMXRT1051DVJ6B is still widely available, and from what I understood is pin to pin compatible with the 1062, while having the same clock frequency and an ethernet communication capability.
I would like to make sure that using this part rather than the original will yield the same functionalities and performances with respect to our application.

Could you please help me concerning this matter ?

Thank you in advance !

Only the specified 1062 versions are supported by the PJRC bootloader.

The T_4.0 started life as a 1052 and was functional, but the 1062 released in quantity after first beta, and offered a better processor and only the 1062 had support from next Beta board and into production.

Thank you for your reply, I guess I will have to integrate the teensy directly on the board with through hole headers until the global shortage of semiconductors is over.

Back