Powering active fader from Teensy LC

Scatre

Hello,

I'm attempting to use an active fader (innofader) to create a simple MIDI controller with the Teensy LC. The problem is that the connect voltage for the fader is +2.7V to +5.5V (6mA max). Since that's a range of 2.8V, is there a way to offset that to fall within 0-3.3V, or will l I need additional circuitry to achieve this? If not, is there another processor better suited for this voltage range?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm attempting to use an active fader (innofader) to create a simple MIDI controller with the Teensy LC. The problem is that the connect voltage for the fader is +2.7V to +5.5V (6mA max). Since that's a range of 2.8V, is there a way to offset that to fall within 0-3.3V, or will l I need additional circuitry to achieve this? If not, is there another processor better suited for this voltage range?

Thanks!

One thought might be to use an I2C DAC like the MPC4725 to generate the voltages. You likely would need to step up the I2C bus from 3.3v to 5v to hook it up. I've not done this, but this is just a thought:

What an interesting fader. Pity the manufacturer's website doesn't seem to shed any light on the nature of it's output signals.

If I had one, I'd power it up with +3.3 0r +5v and probe it's output with a CRO and see what it says.

Back