OctoWS2811 Sequences

finnbsch

Hi,

I am attempting to use the OctoWS2811 library to control LEDs on a robot I am constructing. The main purpose of the LEDs is to display colored sequences (e.g. a yellow light flashing repeatedly) to communicate the robot's status. To time these flashes, I would have to call from the main loop repeatedly to check whether enough time has passed for each part of the flashing sequence. Does OctoWS2811 provide a way to offload this job to the DMA part? Technically it should be possible I think but I didn't find anything yet. I want to avoid having to call from the main loop as sometimes the main loop might require a longer time to complete once and thus the LED update will not be called often enough.

Thank you!

If you were to examine OctoWS2811.h and OctoWS2811.cpp you would see that the library already uses DMA.

Thank you but I am well aware of that. I know it uses DMA to send out the correct signals to the WS2811 to set each pixel's color correctly. However, one could also consider making these DMA sequences longer, such that the pixels for example flash at a fixed frequency by concatenating the corresponding WS2811 signals.

Back