Unable to load teensy environment into arduino 2.03

Keith_M

I was building up a small mini PC for a project (windows 10)
Windows installed fine no issues

installed Arduino 2.03 IDE all went well ...

Cane over to PJRC to get the installer for the teensy environment teensy

During the teensy install , power failed in my house ..(not good lots of running around)

Power was restored ( thankyou hydro company it was a few city blocks wide) ..

I powered up the PC to continue ,

Reloaded the link https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_index.json and there is no activity what so ever .. I uninstalled the Arduino IDE , cleaned out (deleted) directoriess .. no big deal fresh install .. Re-installed the Arduino IDE and added https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_index.json under the preferences menu .. There is no install activity happening , I have no teensy options in the menus and no libraries available ..

I'm at the point where I'm entertaining a full windows re-install .. As I can't seem to get the downloads to go .. (Internet connection is good 1 GB/s down 500 MBs/s up ) ..

Open to ideas , but not averse to a full "bare metal" system rebuild

Thanks
K

Not sure what you mean by "installer for the Teensy environment". On IDE 2.0, you only provide the IDE with the link to the package descriptor, then install the Teensy "board package" via the IDE. Is that what you tried?

Hi Kurt , yes I drop the link in the 2.03 arduino ide and ....nothing happens..totally stumped , but will futz around with it some more . Usually all goes well and installs like butter ..

Maybe if you show us screenshots of the prefs window, console output, and boards manager, we might be able to help see what went wrong.

So you added the json file to the preferences. That is if you bring up the preferences and click on the list yours should include:
Your list includes the one I highlighted in green:
Screenshot.jpg

Note: Just to be sure I often exit and restart IDE after I change preferences.

But then bring up the board Manager pane. And then scroll through the list until you find Teensy and clicked on the install button?
Screenshot1.png

And then it should show it downloading and installing the different bits and pieces. And when that is done you should be able to choose a teensy from the tools->board list

Edit: Note yours may look different as I am using a custom dark theme.

The problem is deep routed , as none of the libraries in the library pulldown would populate , libraries I downloaded off github would populate but the default library list list would remain empty ..need more sleuthing ..

libraries I downloaded off github would populate but the default library list list would remain empty

If you can't get it solved, maybe best to ask for help on Arduino's forum, as this really sounds like a IDE software issue (probably) not specific to Teensy.

https://forum.arduino.cc/c/software/arduino-ide-2-0/93

Hopefully (very likely) Per will see your message and get involved. But that process is going to involve asking you for quite a lot of detailed info. If you're willing to share details, I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of it.... which might end up discovering an issue and he'll create an issue on github as he's done so many times. He's also the 1 person in the world who seems to know all the existing IDE2 issues, so if it's already a known bug he's the one who should know.

But if you want to solve it yourself and you're not interested in running diagnostic stuff and posting lots of detailed info, probably not much point starting a thread over there. Especially with conversations involving Per, sharing a lot of detail works but not sharing ends the conversation quickly.

I'm okay at this point ..it is not a critical system for me .Its a used hp elitedesk 800 g3 which I scooped ...So don't want to tie the guy up ..if there were a number of people experiencing the same issue then yes , I'd move forward with it ...again thanks for your input , great group here and I appreciate tge responses ..If at something I find time to get back to it and resolve it , I'll post up the solution ..

Back