Web Server Recommendations?

Aerokeith

Can anyone recommend a web server that will run on a Teensy 4.0 using an ESP-01 (ESP8266) wifi module? I want to implement some simple remote control panel functionality, and it doesn't need to be very fancy. It must work in areas with no existing wifi network or internet access, so the ESP-01 will be running in soft-AP (access point) mode.

I'm currently testing the ESP8266_AT_WebServer, but I'd like to see if there are any other options before I get too far. Functionally it looks like this has what I need, but a quick performance test has me a little concerned. The function server.handleClient() is called from there main loop, which consumes about 2.5 seconds of cpu time when serving up a fairly simple web page (in the WebServerAP example). I haven't yet tried to figure out where that time is being spent.

Other ideas? I've already written my own code to interface with the ESP-01 module (via AT commands), so I imagine it's possible to splice this into another web server that wasn't designed to work with the ESP-01.

Thanks!

Have a look at this. I think it will serve your needs.
I have been thinking of using these. Basically they swap the ESP32 for the ESP8266, so more grunt!
EDIT:
Or for a little more power, consider this.

The WiFiWebServer that you referenced was written by the same guy as the ESP8266_AT_WebServer that I"m currently using. They seem to have similar capabilities, but there must be some critical difference that I'm not seeing yet. I'll play with it to see if it performs better. The LilyGo boards look nice!
Thanks!

Back