different MIDI Channels Out via USB or 5 Pin

peamet

Hi Folks,

I am totally new in this topic but before I engulf myself in programming I would like to ask you pro's, if it's possible what I plan. It would be very nice, if one of you can tell me that I am on the right way!

I am planning to build an organ controller with two manuals and some drawbars an knobs to control a Crumar Gemini Hardware/Software-Instrument. I've already bought two keybeds that will be fed via two Doepfer MKEs as well als two CTM64 (Contact to MIDI) interfaces for the additional controls like the drawbars. This Wworks fine so far! Since the Gemini has two DSPs, it accepts two oder more MIDI-Channels as Inputs. My problem now, is that I need a feedback from the Gemini to say which Sound/Control/whatever is activated in the software or not via MIDI-Out to LEDs. Doepfer has a solution for this too, called MTC64 (Midi to control) with an additional Board to carry 10mA for driving an LED but this will come very pricy for me regarding that I need that stuff two times as well. So I searched the www and found the teensy 3.5. So here are my questions:

1) is it possible with one Teensy 3.5 to give out two different MIDI OUT signals to LEDs via USB from the Gemini (Midi Ch 1 & 2)?

2) will i come in trouble when an LED draws more than the 10mA the outputs are rated for or is that the max. power given by the board? (think that is enough for an led right?)

3) is there a was to use the 5 Pin MIDI standard instead of the USB port either? (the Doepfers are alle cascaded via the 5 Pin jacks)

If you could help me or show me the next step I would be very glad. When it's technically possible, what i am planning, I will buy one and start to program this thing ;)

best regards,
peamet

ok, last night i was getting deeper in this material and i think i can make it this way. No more need for answering any longer! I was not able to delete or edit this post. Cannot finde the button. Sry....

Deleting a post is not helpful to others. Posting what solution you found, on the other hand, is.

I assume you found that Teensy has many serial outputs and thus, sending some messages on channel 1 to one DIN MIDI and others on channel 2 to a different DIN MIDI is fairly easy?

Back