Two Teenys on Arduino 2.0 ide

jwvaughn

I am playing with LoRa so two Teensy4.0s are on the IDE at the same time. The problem comes at load time when confusion reigns as to which port is to be used to upload to one of the Teensys. The correct ports are selected prior to compile/load and trying to select the correct port as directed by the loader (I presume) is too late. The only solution I have found is to unplug the "non-updating" board, select the right port and then all is well. It is a pain to have keep cycling the USB connectors!

There was a note from Paul elsewhere on the web indicating found that there were "dueling" issues between the Teensy loader and Arduino IDE when it came to port selection. I'm guessing that is still unresolved and may be the root of my problem.

Any ideas out there?

Jerry

I missed this thread "Arduino IDE 2.0.0 selection USB port when using 2 Teensy4.0 parallel " when I was looking for a solution. I suspect the two problems may be related.

Jerry

Yes, from indicated details it seems the issue may be the same as pjrc.com/threads/71112-Arduino-IDE-2-0-0-selection-USB-port-when-using-2-Teensy4-0-parallel

That post has the workaround used here to avoid cable swap etc.
If the other posts are related - post there with similar details and observe and post the Teensy Loader 'Verbose' - the detail may help Paul understand the issue and another user with same issue may lead to bump in priority when there is time to address.

Thanks defragster - I won't have time until tomorrow but will looks at getting additional details and probably go with temporary fix.

Back