How to compile ArduinoISP in platform.io

schlank

Hello!

I moved to platform.io and I need to use a TeensyLC to flash an AVR via ISP like 10 years ago.
First of all the examples from Arduino do not seem to be part of platform.io
If I copy paste the ArduinoISP.ino from the examples into platform.io I get a bunch of errors.

So what is the best practice to compile and flash the ArduinoISP example?

I remember it to be straight forward practice in Arduino.
(And no, I dont want to install it ever again)

Thanks in advance,

Schlank

Hello!

I moved to platform.io and I need to use a TeensyLC to flash an AVR via ISP like 10 years ago.
First of all the examples from Arduino do not seem to be part of platform.io
If I copy paste the ArduinoISP.ino from the examples into platform.io I get a bunch of errors.

So what is the best practice to compile and flash the ArduinoISP example?

I remember it to be straight forward practice in Arduino.
(And no, I dont want to install it ever again)

Thanks in advance,

Schlank

Schlank:
Please post the output of the build with the errors. Also please post your platform.ini file so we can see if you have configured PlatformIO correctly.
When you post these items please include them between #'s (use the # button in the menu bar above the discussion window)

Regards,
Ed

When you post these items please include them between #'s (use the # button in the menu bar above the discussion window)
He means CODE tags using the # button.

If you read the buzzer DataSheet you will find that it's nominal voltage is 12v with a range of 6V-24V.
The current required is rated as a nominal 25mA.

Your Teensy can put out 3.3V max with a current of 4mA. Any voltage over 3.3V sent to the Teensy will damage/kill it.

So inorder to drive that buzzer you are going to need to increase the drive voltage/current using a transistor or buffer chip.

If you look at the product List for the buzzer manufacturer you will see that there are some that operate at 3V but they require 30mA to drive them so you will still need some form of current amplification.

Back