Problems with Arduino IDE 2.0.3 on Ventura

fdaniels

Moin,

im trying to get Arduino IDE 2.0.3 running on my shiny new MB Air M2 running Ventura 13.2.1, i installed the IDE and Teensiduino 1.57.2 and now im getting this message:

Code:
fork/exec /Users/frankdaniels/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/5.4.1/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: bad CPU type in executable

Compilation error: fork/exec /Users/frankdaniels/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/5.4.1/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: bad CPU type in executable

What did i do wrong and how do i get it going?

In advance many thanks for your time,
Frank

In Boards Manager, search for "Teensy", then use the drop-down list to change to version 0.58.3. We're numbering the newer beta versions with 0.x.x so the IDE doesn't suggest them as upgrades. Even though the number looks older, it is indeed a new version with new toolchain.

Does 0.58.3 work?

Does 0.58.3 work?

Thanks for your superfast reply, but sadly, no:

Code:
fork/exec /Users/frankdaniels/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/11.3.1-beta2/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: bad CPU type in executable

Compilation error: fork/exec /Users/frankdaniels/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/11.3.1-beta2/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: bad CPU type in executable

Installing Rosetta manually did the Trick! Arduino IDE runs on M2 native, Teensyduino obviously doesnt - i guess Ventura doesnt know because it only sees Arduino IDE so it doesnt install Rosetta automatically. Maybe you like to add a hint on the Website?

Back