Default Blinks

jerryk

Hello,

I'm working on a project with a Teensy 4.1. Am fighting a really strange bug which I shall not describe here... "Full source" would be about 100K lines and 20 files. In the process of troubleshooting, I have performed the Factory Reset procedure. After doing this, the Teensy is blinking its red LED. I understand that's normal.

The red LED is blinking exactly 9 times, and then going dark for a few seconds, and then blinking 9 times again. Does that mean anything?

- Jerryk

...the Teensy is blinking its red LED. I understand that's normal.

The red LED is blinking exactly 9 times, and then going dark for a few seconds, and then blinking 9 times again.

Blinking the red LED is not normal. The BLINK sketch will blink the orange LED. The red LED is managed by the MKL02 bootloader chip, & any lighting of the red LED, other than when programming, indicates some sort of abnormal condition. As PaulS already answered, 9 blinks indicates a JTAG Init Error (the blink codes can be found in the <Troubleshooting & Diagnostic Blink Codes> section of the webpage for the MKL02 bootloader chip).

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Back