Teensy on Wokwi

jim lee

The wokwi emulator seems to be getting to be "the next big thing" in emulators. They are now doing ESP32s and Raspberry pi(s) along with the Arduino stuff. Unlike the other emulators, you can add any code & libraries you want. And there is a growing list of hardware as well. I tend to use it a LOT for doing demo code for people. And it's really handy for testing out ideas. Kinda' like a napkin design tool.

Anyway..

A few people there have asked to have the Teensy added. I asked for the 3.2, and the last comment I read (tonight) was for the 4.x Teensy. Urish the author's stand on it seems to be that the the Teensy is very different from the Arduino stuff, and would be a lot of work to emulate. (He's very pedantic about getting things just right).

Urish seems to be up for doing it, if he could get help from the Teensy people. Help as in money? Coding? I'm not sure. I DO know that if you want a feature added (including hardware) you can "vote with your dollars" and the feature that gets the most votes gets created. I voted up the SD card reader along with the ILI9341 320x240 cap touch screen. This is so I could emulate my sketch swapping code.

Google Chrome works for Macs. I don't know about Safari.

So, would anyone be interested in this?

I know I am.

-jim lee

Last edited:
Kuckily the link was easy to find: https://wokwi.com/

Hadn't heard of it before.

But Teensy is 'Arduino' first and foremost. Without Arduino Teensy would have been something else. Though of course it is also unlike anything else.

Kuckily the link was easy to find: https://wokwi.com/

Hadn't heard of it before.

But Teensy is 'Arduino' first and foremost. Without Arduino Teensy would have been something else. Though of course it is also unlike anything else.

Yes, but from what I understand, this emulates everything about the processor so esoteric tricks will work as well. Heck I've seen it emulate direct logic gates with no processor at all!

-jim lee

That 'deep emulation' makes sense - the ARM core on the NXP's in the Teensy are unique in doing the same 'Arduino' thing.

Back