Running a monitor off a 4.1

SteveCS

Hi all

I have a project that displays basic currency information on a 2x16 LCD screen.
It has arisen that they would like to show that information on a standard LCD screen. Ideas?
Not sure how you would even set that up.

I would imagine displaying some kind of base graphic, and then overlaying the text. Not sure if that is possible at all.

I will Google away now

My suggestion would be to look at ILI9341-based displays.
Lots of vendors of these displays and plenty software support, also on this forum.
You could start here.

Paul

Hi all

I have a project that displays basic currency information on a 2x16 LCD screen.
It has arisen that they would like to show that information on a standard LCD screen. Ideas?
Not sure how you would even set that up.

I would imagine displaying some kind of base graphic, and then overlaying the text. Not sure if that is possible at all.

I will Google away now

@SteveCS:

Paul's suggestion for using the ILI9341-based screens is a good one, & the 320x240 TFT touchscreen that PJRC sells (again, good recommendation by Paul) works very well. If you need something slightly larger, I have used <this> 7" RA8875 800x480 TFT display from buydisplay.com with great success in several of my Teensy projects. I don't know if you require touchscreen capability, but this display can be ordered with a selectable resistive/capacitive touchscreen. I have found the capacitive touchscreen easier to use (resistive requires calibration).

Here are the option selections that I am using:

Code:
         Display options (ER-TFTM070-5):
            Interface:               Pin Header Connection-4-wire SPI
            VDD:                     5.0V (can always change the jumper later to power from 3.3VDC)
            Touch Panel:             7" Capacitive Touch Panel with Controller
            MicroSD Card Interface:  Pin Header Connection (not useable - see display docs)
            Font Chip:               (none selected)

The library for it (which is automatically loaded with TeensyDuino) is very good. You can throw update commands to the display as fast as the Teensy can generate them, & the internal controller on the display parses & dispatches them asynchronously (no hold-off or waiting by the Teensy).

For your specific application, using the dual-layer capability would allow you to draw your base graphics on one layer & everything else overlaying on the other layer. This is exactly what I am doing in the latest version of my TeensyMIDIPolySynth project.

Hope that helps . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Back