Detecting noise in noise

Ysmir

Hello everyone ;),

I would like to realize a project based on the detection of a sound signal embedded in noise.
To do this I want to use the cross-correlation method also called intercorrelation which is a very efficient method to detect a signal in noise.
However, I wonder if such a project is feasible with the Teensy4 and its audio module.
It's been several weeks that I'm trying to work on this project but without success.

I hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance

You wont get a very good signal,but you could use FFT and detect which frequencies have the highest average, then synthesize them with sine waves.

Not being a DSP expert by any means, but the CMSIS-DSP library is part of the Teensyduino installer. Look for the file "arm_math.h".
The CMSIS-DSP library supports correlation.
See also this recent thread.

Paul

Off-Topic:

@PaulS Cool, didn't know we have an arm library with cross-correlation function included. Will be quite interesting for the WSOLA time-stretching I am writing. Do you happen to know if the library is vectorized for Arm Cortex M7 instruction set?

Is it possible to capture the noise without the sound signal that you ARE trying to capture.
Analysis of the noise may lead to a way to isolate or significantly reduce it's effect.

Do you happen to know if the library is vectorized for Arm Cortex M7 instruction set?
Wasn't familiar with the term "vectorization of a library" but if I understand correctly it means "optimized for a specific architecture"?
If so, then I believe that CMSIS-DSP actually is vectorized for M7, according to this page. More info here.
But I could be wrong by not understanding the nuances...

Paul

Back