Teensy Audio Board Rev C + TEA5767 Radio Module

nebtug

I try to use the TEA5767 in combination with the Teensy Audio Board RevC. As soon as I solder anything to the Line-In of the Audio Board (even if it's unrelated to the radio) the reception of the TEA drops to zero and there's mostly radio static. Could anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or tell me how to correctly connect the two. I am a bit lost right now.

I'm having a similar problem, but with a PCM1808 ADC instead of the Audio Board.

Using the ArduinoTEA5767 example sketch, my TEA5767's behave as expected:
Code:
#include <Wire.h>
#include <TEA5767Radio.h>

TEA5767Radio radio = TEA5767Radio();

void setup()
{ 
  Wire.begin();
  radio.setFrequency(93.0); // pick your own frequency
}

void loop()
{
}

But if I add an I2S object there's nothing but static - whether I listen to the analog or digital audio:

Code:
#include <Wire.h>
#include <TEA5767Radio.h>
#include <Audio.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
AudioInputI2S            i2s1;           //xy=67,38
AudioOutputUSB           usb1;           //xy=201,39
AudioConnection          patchCord1(i2s1, 0, usb1, 0);
AudioConnection          patchCord2(i2s1, 1, usb1, 1);
// GUItool: end automatically generated code

TEA5767Radio radio = TEA5767Radio();

void setup()
{ 
  AudioMemory(8);
  Wire.begin();
  radio.setFrequency(93.0); // pick your own frequency
}

void loop()
{
}

I get the same results with a Teensy 3.2 and 4.1.

I'm able to confirm that my PCM1808 works by connecting it to another audio source, although when it's on the same circuit as the TEA5767 it's very quiet.

I suspect RF generated by the BCLK, LRCLK and I2S data lines.

Sorry can't help with your problem but brr it's chilly up there (Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada).

Yeah, it's a bit nippy up here ;)

Regarding my own Teensy 3.2 + TEA5767 + PCM1808 setup: I'm pretty sure my problem is an RF one. Everything plays nicely on a breadboard.

I think I just suck at PCB design ;)

Introducing I2S only kills the TEA5767 reception on my custom PCB - and it comes back when I pull the MCLK signal out.

A little Googling about designing with RF in mind has me thinking it's time I finally made a 4-layer board.

Back